Powerscheduler++ with AVR Audio Guard (1 Viewer)

George Imrie

March 23, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi,

New to the forum, so apologies if this has already been covered.

I'm running MediaPortal 1.3 with PowerScheduler++ and AVR Audio Guard to keep the HDMI audio channel open. The problem is that AVR is preventing the PC going into standby mode. Everything works as expected if I shut down AVR, but I'd rather just add an exception to PowerScheduler to ignore AVR.

The process being reported as preventing standby is.... (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2806&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&1d83e7a9&0&0301)
[DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

Any ideas how I can tell PowerScheduler to ignore this process??

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    PS++ is depending on the info that OS gives and AVR audio guard is probably just playing a silent audio stream which is making the OS think that there is something ongoing and it wont allow standby.

George Imrie

March 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks for the quick reply. I guessed that was what was happening, but is there no workaround other than manually stopping AVR audio guard every time? Ideally I want the PC to standby and wake up without me having to stop and start audio guard.

I saw this command on another post, which looks like it stops the system monitoring audio guard, but running it at command prompt didn't seem to make any difference...
    powercfg -requestsoverride process "AVR Audio Guard.exe" Display System

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The process being reported as preventing standby is.... (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2806&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&1d83e7a9&0&0301)
    This seems to be no process but a device driver. You can try to override this driver's requests for system with "powercfg /requestsoverride ...". For the exact syntax call "powercfg /?".

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom