Powerscheduler (1 Viewer)

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
How should i set up the powerschedulers?

If i've got MP open, i want the computer to enter standby mode after 30 min idle...

If i've got MP shut down, i want the computer to enter standby after 30 mins too (with the tv-server running)...

I know i can setup 30 min in both the TVE and MPs PS, but will the computer enter standby after 30 min if i´m for example watching a dvd? (i mean, the TV-server is idle)..

As you see i´m using the single seat configuration.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    PowerScheduler option in MP Setup are not used (read wiki) when it runs on the same as TVE3 single seat configuration.
    PowerScheduler Client plugin for MP will tell TVE3 to not shut down when MP it's in use, so nothing to be worried about.

Regards
    Roy

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ok, i almost got it working... In regular windows environment it shuts down, but when in MP it don´t... I´ve enabled the PS client-plugin in MP and waited at the home-screen, but nothing happends =S

---edit

and now it doesn´t even shut down in the regular windows environment... I don´t want to force the shutdown, because then it shuts down even if you´ve got any other program open, right?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Enable extra logging on both PowerScheduler in TVE3 & PowerScheduler client & then attach the logs to your post(MediaPortal.log & TV.log).

Regards
    Roy

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    now it seem to work, when i used a idle-time at more than one minute!

Now there´s only one problem left =) I guess the computer will shutdown when reading or writing files on the server over the network?

--edit

What is the power scheduler "check interval"?

--edit again

Is there no way to get the powerscheduler to shut down if i´m not running any other programs... like this morning i was playing a NES-emulator... Then the computer just shut down =(

AxelSt

Portal Member
    December 2, 2005
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi KoktGrus

why don't you put your NES emulator in the process-list of the Power-Scheduler thing? Then it will not shut down while you are using it. I think this process-dependent shutdown of Powerscheduler is the best solution to this problem I have ever seen. So simple and logical.

Axel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom