Forum "Premium Supporter" (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I just noticed today that my current title with the new forums is "Premium Supporter". Is it just me or does this seem like a bit of a silly and vague euphemism? I work on plugins for MediaPortal. I am a "Plugin Developer". What the heck does "Premium Supporter" mean?

Not that it is a big deal but it just struck me as a bit odd. Best wishes to all and for what it's worth the new forums are pretty great.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The ribbons are not fully working yet. Especially when someone did a donation too and as result is member of 2 usergroups....

But the main idea was to reduce the amount of displayed gfx.
    So everyone who does support MediaPortal more than others (Donation, creating extensions) is given the "Premium Supporter" ribbon.
    But the Usergroup Title below the ribbon still says "Community Plugin Dev" or "Community Skin Designer" etc.

But I do not see that ribbon showing up for your account. :confused:
    *edit* okay, that was caused by the teststyle I had active here - with the default style i do see the "Premium Supporter" ribbon on your account. :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Oh, and Donator ("Premium supporter") has Display Styling Priority = 5 while plugind devs (both groups) have Display Styling Priority = 6, resulting in "Premium Supporter" being prioritized over plugin dev.
    Want me to fix?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Oh, and Donator ("Premium supporter") has Display Styling Priority = 5 while plugind devs (both groups) have Display Styling Priority = 6, resulting in "Premium Supporter" being prioritized over plugin dev.
    Display Styling Priority has nothing to do with the issue I mentioned. This is a pure usergroup limitation logic "issue" in the template that prevents to display 2 Ribbons.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a pure usergroup limitation logic "issue" in the template that prevents to display 2 Ribbons.
    strange... Spargleknas has two ribbons here oO "Team MediaPortan" & "Administrator"... shouldn't it be only one than?!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    strange... Spargleknas has two ribbons here oO "Team MediaPortan" & "Administrator"... shouldn't it be only one than?!
    he has 2 because his primary usergroup is Super Moderator and his secondary is admin.
    As I said, the logic that limits displayed ribbons to "1" is not working yet.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    thanks for the responses guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom