[Finished] Pressing EPG twice while watching TV should show full screen TV (1 Viewer)

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Consider the following situation: I am using MP2 with the MCE skin and a Microsoft MCE remote. I am watching TV. I press EPG on the remote to see what's coming on the other stations. If I want to go back to full screen TV, I have to press the red button on the MCE remote. For this, I have to look to the remote to find the right button. Pressing EPG again does nothing.

When coming from full screen TV into EPG by pressing the EPG button, a second press on the EPG button should go back to full screen TV.

The behavior described above is standard behavior in MP1/Titan.

Disclaimer: I am a usability professional and a long time and enthusiastic MP user (for about 10 years or so). From a usability point of view, MP1 with the Titan skin is a very good solution for watching and listening to media. Because OnlineVideos has a flaw in MP1, I gave MP2 and the available skins a try, and my professional assessment is that user experience needs to be improved quite a bit before it is as usable as MP1/Titan. Please don't consider me as ungrateful, I appreciate the work that is being put into MP, however, I think the user experience with MP2 is not as good as it could be and I want to give my feedback on how to make MP2 better.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same as in the other feature request you made, I agree here again. I'm a WMC user and intuitively expect the same you describe.
    I'll give it a try, though I think I can not handle this as skinner. @morpheus_xx ?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just got an idea: if you only want to reach fullscreen from EPG screen, you could add a KeyBinding to the fullguide xaml screen that forwards to fullscreen again.

Example: MediaPortal-2/FullscreenTvKeybindings.inc at bda13bc9bdab65ff1538d14ea9c22ab22051a523 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 · GitHub
    And: MediaPortal-2/Media-shortcuts.xml at bda13bc9bdab65ff1538d14ea9c22ab22051a523 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 · GitHub

I am not sure if invocation of a WorkflowAction works this way already. If not it would be worth to add...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just got an idea: if you only want to reach fullscreen from EPG screen, you could add a KeyBinding to the fullguide xaml screen that forwards to fullscreen again.

Example: MediaPortal-2/FullscreenTvKeybindings.inc at bda13bc9bdab65ff1538d14ea9c22ab22051a523 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 · GitHub
    And: MediaPortal-2/Media-shortcuts.xml at bda13bc9bdab65ff1538d14ea9c22ab22051a523 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 · GitHub

I am not sure if invocation of a WorkflowAction works this way already. If not it would be worth to add...
    I'll give it a try and report back.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 done. GitHub - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 at MP2-631_ExtendWorkflowManager

I added a KeyBinding inside BlueVision screen of fullguide xaml (see commit). Can you test this branch and add the same to all (wanted) skins as well?

@Brownard should we increase MediaPortal.UI compatibility number because of the interface extension? I'd like to avoid this, as there was no 2.1 final release yet. What do you think?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No don't think there's any need, we already bumped it for the pre and they only really need to be bumped between stable releases.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great (y) These are the small things, that make usability better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom