Problem displaying music (1 Viewer)

exponent2

Portal Member
January 10, 2008
Vancouver
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just finished ripping my CD collection using Exact Audio Copy and FLAC using Freedb. It organized the files as follows:

\EAC\genre\albumartist\album\songs

How do I get MP to scan through the entire tree to build the library rather simply displaying the genre? In some cases Freedb displays the albumartists as the genre and beneath it is the album. Winamp does scan the tree correctly but I can not figure out how to get MP to do it. Any help here is appreciatred.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You need to add \EAC to your Shares.
    Then rescan the music Library and the Music DB will be updated.
    You can use then the Various views within MP to show songs based on Artist, AlbumArtist, etc.

datja

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have another wish with the music display. I feel like an idiot in failing to achieve my desired my music layout. What I want is best illustrated with these 2 pictures from the computer folder structure and the resulting album list (winamp plugin).

folder structure
    View attachment 16154

resulting view
    View attachment 16153

This means: the albums are sorted by folder structure (this means artist-album) but only albums are shown. To me this is the supreme way of presenting the music, similar to how you would sort your physical CD collection.

Furthermore, this way Dolly Parton comes in after Pantera, and not somewhere in the letter "D". However this last thing is not necessary, and I could settle for an music views solution but I cannot for my life produce a similar thing using music views in the config.

Is it possible?

I do prefer MP to winamp, but this is the last bastion of winamp. Is it possible to conquer it?

Björn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom