Problem getting the sources (1 Viewer)

W

Webpatrick

I'm a professional WebDeveloper and I'm very interested in the sources, maybe I can help building some parts or maybe can do some finetuning.

I followed the instructions in the Announcement in this forum, but unfortunately I cannot get the sources from CVS. I'm getting the following error from WinCVS:

cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs.sourceforge.net:2401 failed: Kan geen verbinding maken omdat de doelcomputer de verbinding actief heeft geweigerd.

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

W

Webpatrick

Tried it, no success, connection refused by the target,
see message:

cvs -d :pserver;username=anonymous;hostname=cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediaportal checkout -P mediaportal (in directory E:\Projects\MediaPortal)

cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs.sourceforge.net:2401 failed: Kan geen verbinding maken omdat de doelcomputer de verbinding actief heeft geweigerd.

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

Maybe it's a firewall, cause I'm trying this at my work...
I'll try it at home later, where I can configure the firewall myself and open port 2401.

SunKilleR

Portal Member
November 26, 2004
MONTRÉAL - Q
I had the same problem.

It was because i have a space at the end of "/csvroot/mediaportal "

I'm using this and works fine for me. Make sure you don't have any space at the wrong place.

:pserver;username=anonymous;hostname=cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediaportal

I wish it may help you !
By the way, use semicolons.

W

Webpatrick

Thanks for the replies, I have not been successful yet.
It's not that I have spaces anywhere, I have not tried it at home, lack of time yesterday evening, Í'll try it friday evening.

W

Webpatrick

I got it, probably it was because of a firewall at my work. I opened port 2401 at my own firewall at home and now it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread