Problem Importing MovieCollector XML (1 Viewer)

ben001

Portal Member
May 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
For some reason when i try to import an xml file that has been exported from MovieCollectorz i get an error message that says "The URL cannot be empty, Paramter name: url" as far as i can tell all URL fields in the xml are filled with something and in the configuration there isn't really a mention of a URL field. Is there anyway to fix this? I am using the SVN.

Attachments

• ImportProblem.JPG
    ImportProblem.JPG
    84.7 KB

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
For some reason when i try to import an xml file that has been exported from MovieCollectorz i get an error message that says "The URL cannot be empty, Paramter name: url" as far as i can tell all URL fields in the xml are filled with something and in the configuration there isn't really a mention of a URL field. Is there anyway to fix this? I am using the SVN.
Can you send me your xml database ?

ben001

Portal Member
May 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I appreciate your time in trying to fix this problem. This was created using Movie Collector Version 5.2 Build 1

For simplicity i exported only 1 movie entry.

Ben

Attachments

• Movies.xml
    30.6 KB

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
I appreciate your time in trying to fix this problem. This was created using Movie Collector Version 5.2 Build 1

For simplicity i exported only 1 movie entry.

Ben
OK, pb found and corrected. I post the correction soon after few tests.

ben001

Portal Member
May 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
excellent, that fixed the problem for many of the movies. for some reason this one still failed with the same error message as above.

Attachments

• Movies1.xml
    30.6 KB

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
excellent, that fixed the problem for many of the movies. for some reason this one still failed with the same error message as above.
Do you re-generate the tmp file (mymovies1_tmp.xml) ?
For performances reasons, yhe tmp compatible ANT file isn't generated each time you enter in the plugin. The plugin create it only if the tmp file doesn't exist or if the xml original date file is newer than the generate's one.
So try to do a new export or delete the tmp file.
I try with your xml sent and it's working fine, I can see 197 movies....

ben001

Portal Member
May 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yes it looks like the import scripts in movie collector did not grab very much information with this movie. i will reimport it and see if that helps. was the lack of movie information causing the import problem into your plugin?

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Yes it looks like the import scripts in movie collector did not grab very much information with this movie. i will reimport it and see if that helps. was the lack of movie information causing the import problem into your plugin?
yes ! I add a control to invoid the crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom