[no Bug] Problem scanning Video database (1 Viewer)

remolo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2010
    Every time I try to scan the folder to update the video database in MP Configuration, I have an error: 'out of memory'. In the systray I get a lot of icons of ffdshow and HaaliMediaSplitter. When I close MP configuration all these icons disappear from systray.
    Thank you and congratulations for your excellent work

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Every time I try to scan the folder to update the video database in MP Configuration, I have an error: 'out of memory'. In the systray I get a lot of icons of ffdshow and HaaliMediaSplitter. When I close MP configuration all these icons disappear from systray.
    Thank you and congratulations for your excellent work

Thumbnail creation is failing

Code:
    2010-06-07 13.59.25.453125 [Debug][ExtractVideoThumb(5)]: VideoThumbCreator: mtn.exe did not extract a thumbnail to: \\192.168.1.10\Qmultimedia\Video\Film\Colazione Da Tiffany_s.jpg
    2010-06-07 13.59.25.500000 [Warn.][ExtractVideoThumb(5)]: Failed to extract thumb for \\192.168.1.10\Qmultimedia\Video\Film\Colazione Da Tiffany.avi, trying another method.

You could try turning off thumbnail creation and see if this helps. Of course it would be more useful to know why it is failing.

Do you have your video files on a network share? If so, can you try with them on a local hard drive? I have on idea why this would make a difference, but there is no doubt that the thumbnail creation is the cause of your problems. The only thing we need to work out is whether this is a bug.

Mark

Mark

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Do you have your video files on a network share? If so, can you try with them on a local hard drive? I have on idea why this would make a difference, but there is no doubt that the thumbnail creation is the cause of your problems. The only thing we need to work out is whether this is a bug.

Is read/write access to the network share available to the logged on user? Creating thumbnails requires write access to the folder where the video resides because that is where the output file is saved.

remolo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2010
    Thank you.
    The problem was write access on the videos network folder. I don't understand why Videodatabase has to write something on the videos folder. Are not Images and Thumbs stored on the User folder (in XP C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dati applicazioni\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal)?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you.
    The problem was write access on the videos network folder. I don't understand why Videodatabase has to write something on the videos folder. Are not Images and Thumbs stored on the User folder (in XP C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dati applicazioni\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal)?

It creates the thumbnail in the video folder first, and then moves it.

For now I have marked this as no bug, although it might make sense to look at it again after 1.1.0 is released.

Mark

gordon55

Portal Member
    September 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Problem scanning Video database

thank you all for taking care as I have same problem : videos are stored on file share without write access from MP .... may I suggest :
    - add the "-O" option to the mtn parameters to store the jpg directly in the thumbs folder
    - rename it there as needed.

hope this helps.

tjf

Portal Member
    November 4, 2006
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I had similar problem with MP 1.1.0 on Windows 7 64 bit. The Video database scan did not work at all. No error, it just did not do anything. The workaround to solve this: instead mapping network folders with the movies use UNC \\fileserver\movies.

Tomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom