Problem with DVB-T EPG and WebEPG (1 Viewer)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey there,

maybe here are some German users around who also met this annoying problem: since last saturday evening the DVB-T EPG for SAT1 stays empty.
    I made a re-scan of all channels and waited for a day, but still the EPG for SAT1 persisted to be empty.

"Ok, no big deal" was my idea, "there is still the integrated WebEPG plugin in the TV server." So, set up to grab the data for SAT1 from TVinfo.de, saved and pushed "Grab now!"
    Unfortunately still there is the programm information missing.

Does someone else know this problem here?
    Is there a log which could/ should be viewed for encircling the source of error?

Thanks in advance...

Regards Fafnir

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No ideas out there?
    Hmm, can someone recommend an alternative for the EPG? Even a paid solution is suitable...

Thanks in advance for any hint our suggestion.

Regards Fafnir
    :

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Aries

Regarding the DVB EPG grabber...
    Make sure you've configured it properly. In most cases, "properly" means what I said here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/where-is-dvb-epg-data-stored.131910/#post-1150285

If your channels are all working properly and EPG is available, that should make it work.
    If it doesn't work, I can only help if you post log files.

Regards,
    mm

Hi @mm1352000,

I use MP now for several years (not exactly sure, but it can be almost 9 or 10 years. Weird, when looking back!) and exclusively with DVB-T, so the setup should be correct. There is only one channel which does not provide the EPG any longer.
    Maybe this is some regional problem...

Which is the necessary log file? Once I'm back home I will check for the tv server logs.

Thanks so far.

P.S. Hihi, wrote the wrong forum nick below my post.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I use MP now for several years (not exactly sure, but out can be almost 9 or 10 years. Weird, when looking back!) and exclusively with DVB-T, so the setup should be correct. There is only one channel which does not provide the EPG any longer.
    Respectfully: it is possible that the "location" of the EPG for the channel has been changed, and that you need to change your configuration. I would not assume that the old configuration is okay.

Maybe this is some regional problem...
    I would not know.

Which is the necessary log file? Once I'm back home I will check for the tv server logs.
    I'd prefer it if you use the watchdog with option 3 ("export...").

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Respectfully: it is possible that the "location" of the EPG for the channel has been changed, and that you need to change your configuration. I would not assume that the old configuration is okay.

I did not feel offended anyhow, I'm thankful for any help.
    What do you mean with "location" of the EPG?

Do you mean some kind of change in the channel itself? In this case I'd assume a rescan of all channels should have solved it, but it didn't.

Or do you think of a certain change in the database? Then it would be interesting what causes this during operation.

Later I'll post the logs. Bye.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What do you mean with "location" of the EPG?
    Technical details:
    1. The transmitter (frequency) that it is provided from.
    2. The identifiers of the service (eg. ONID, TSID, SID).
    3. The EPG format (eg. DVB/EIT, MediaHighway, OpenTV etc.).
    4. The PID that identifies the EPG data stream.

Do you mean some kind of change in the channel itself? In this case I'd assume a rescan of all channels should have solved it, but it didn't.
    A change in the channel could cause it... but it is not required. The channel can be tunable at the same time as the EPG does not work.

Or do you think of a certain change in the database? Then it would be interesting what causes this during operation.
    Okay, looking forward to it. :)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mum was so right: Son, talking about things will help you! Thank you, mum...[emoji39]

To prepare the logs I had to close MP, but checked the EPG shortly for the current Voyager shows.
    Make an educated guess what: the missing EPG was there. After 4 days and no further change in the system. Weird.

So, good forever after.

Good night to all.

Fafnir

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Make an educated guess what: the missing EPG was there. After 4 days and no further change in the system. Weird
    Again, this suggests to me that your EPG grabber is not correctly configured. I encourage you to check it as previously suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom