Problem with "English Title (Original Title)" option (1 Viewer)

vpupkin

Portal Pro
March 26, 2011
Hi RoChess, thanks again for this awesome plugin. It's been working great for me for quite awhile (as a scraper only), but since yesterday I updated to the new plugin+scraper, and no matter what I do, I can't get it to display my favorite setup - <English Name (Foreign Name)> (I think you added this on my request back then ;) ). It only shows Foreign name on import.

For instance, tt1460743 shows up just as 'Jianyu', while I expect it to be 'Reign of Assassins (Jianyu)'. The same happens with any other foreign movie (e.g. French) - no English names show up.

I completely uninstalled plugin / removed scraper, and re-installed (just MPE with 4.0.1 scraper, and with 4.1.6 scraper on top). Options are loaded (can see in the log), and are the same as the ones that used to work - it's False/True/False for the first three. I know that IMDB+ works, as titles are detected properly (and are marked as IMDB+), and renames (both standard and custom) work. But somehow titles do not.

Is there anything wrong with my setup, or is it reproduceable?

Thanks again, hopefully will get it resolved soon.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: IMDb+ Plugin v1.4.0.202 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.1.6

Hi RoChess, thanks again for this awesome plugin. It's been working great for me for quite awhile (as a scraper only), but since yesterday I updated to the new plugin+scraper, and no matter what I do, I can't get it to display my favorite setup - <English Name (Foreign Name)> (I think you added this on my request back then ;) ). It only shows Foreign name on import.

For instance, tt1460743 shows up just as 'Jianyu', while I expect it to be 'Reign of Assassins (Jianyu)'. The same happens with any other foreign movie (e.g. French) - no English names show up.

I completely uninstalled plugin / removed scraper, and re-installed (just MPE with 4.0.1 scraper, and with 4.1.6 scraper on top). Options are loaded (can see in the log), and are the same as the ones that used to work - it's False/True/False for the first three. I know that IMDB+ works, as titles are detected properly (and are marked as IMDB+), and renames (both standard and custom) work. But somehow titles do not.

Thanks again, hopefully will get it resolved soon.

I think you need to do a full refresh from within the imdb+ plugin, after you've scanned within the moving pics config for these to show through.

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011

I think you need to do a full refresh from within the imdb+ plugin, after you've scanned within the moving pics config for these to show through.

I am not sure why this would be necessary. I am talking about adding new titles - existing titles are all IMBD+ified already, and I don't want to mess up these as quite a few have custom edits. Plus, it always worked from within MovingPictures importer in configuration. Is it something that changes recently? Can someone confirm that this functionality works after refresh in MP and DOESN'T work in standalone importer?

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011

Just for the completeness sake, tried this suggestion - didn't work, no changes to observed behaviour (i.e. foregn name only).

Hogan77

Portal Member
    October 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Nothing wrong with your setup, I have the same problem. It must be IMDb that had something change. Hopefully RoChess will find a fix for it or maybe it's a IMDb glitch that will disappear.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb website added stoopid onclick="..." tracking code to a lot of links (guess Amazon wants to earn even more money profiling everybody). This same code forced me to make modifications that resulted in the v4.1.6 update to fix the actor, writer, year, genre, etc fields.

Did not notice they added it to language and country as well, which breaks the complex regular expression system in use that checks to see if the title on the main details page is indeed English. It accepts the title as-is when it does not find a language not on the 'whitelist', however because that part was broken, it assumed the title must be English.

I just commited v4.1.7 to the SVN, so it should work again. It is possible that I overlooked something else, the IMDb+ scraper-script has grown pretty complex, so it is hard to test for every possible combination myself. So if you find something wrong just let me know again.

If you wish to force an update to v4.1.7 then please read the following post made by ltfearme: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/833600-post6.html

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, still not 100% (wish this darn flu/bug would clear up finally, nearing almost 3 weeks of sickness now), and it is hard to focus on the little things. I had it working in Expresso (the RegExp tester I use), but forgot to copy over all the fixes I had done.

So v4.1.8 is now released to fix that :)

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    Ok, still not 100% (wish this darn flu/bug would clear up finally, nearing almost 3 weeks of sickness now), and it is hard to focus on the little things. I had it working in Expresso (the RegExp tester I use), but forgot to copy over all the fixes I had done.

So v4.1.8 is now released to fix that :)

Yahoo!
    I tried it on a couple of dozens of titles, and it works beautifully! Thanks, and get better man - we need you ;)

:D

psiebe

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi RoChess, thanks for fixing this, I thought I was going nuts when I could not get it to work all of a sudden after the upgrade. Works like a charm now.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom