Problem with Monogram AAC Decoder on HD TV playback? (1 Viewer)

DucaSP

Portal Member
May 26, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi,

Yes, if monogram version being used is not able to cope with explicit sbr signaling, it will play just a split-second of audio and then cease working. Sometime ago, RedeTV! was not using explicit sbr signaling and then it was possible to hear RedeTV audio using original Monogram.

First of all, I would check if there are other copies of monogram across your drive, perhaps some codec pack installed other copy in some other place and what is registered to be used is not the one in MediaPortal folder but one in other folder... So, updating monogram in mediaportal folder is not updating monogram for your system. It seems the most likely reason that you can't get it working right now...

finrudd341

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
FIXED: Re: Problem with Monogram AAC Decoder on HD TV playback?

Thanks DucaSP - I will do a good search later today, and see if I can get rid of Monogram completely, and then use that modified version.

Very useful to know that the symptoms I have fit with it being a problem with Monogram - at least I know which direction to be looking now. Interestingly, all my audio works fine with Net TV via DVB-C, so I can only assume they are handling audio differently to the digital TV method.

FIXED

Ok - did a quick check, and sure enough, the mmaacd.ax file was also found under c:\windows\system32\ as well as under c:\program files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. I renamed the second one I found there to mmaacd.axold and copied the new one in, and hey presto! Working audio on all my HD Channels.

Many thanks DucaSP - sounds like this was very unique to Brazilian ISDB-TB broadcast, so your help is really appreciated. Can you do anything to get the Political Party Broadcasting off the TV now? :D

DucaSP

Portal Member
May 26, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Re: FIXED: Re: Problem with Monogram AAC Decoder on HD TV playback?

Thanks DucaSP - I will do a good search later today, and see if I can get rid of Monogram completely, and then use that modified version.

Very useful to know that the symptoms I have fit with it being a problem with Monogram - at least I know which direction to be looking now. Interestingly, all my audio works fine with Net TV via DVB-C, so I can only assume they are handling audio differently to the digital TV method.

FIXED

Ok - did a quick check, and sure enough, the mmaacd.ax file was also found under c:\windows\system32\ as well as under c:\program files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. I renamed the second one I found there to mmaacd.axold and copied the new one in, and hey presto! Working audio on all my HD Channels.

Many thanks DucaSP - sounds like this was very unique to Brazilian ISDB-TB broadcast, so your help is really appreciated. Can you do anything to get the Political Party Broadcasting off the TV now? :D

I'm glad that it is working for you now. I believe it really is something very specific to Brazilian broadcasts right now, this probaly will increase as more latin american countries like Argentina and Peru get more into digital broadcasting, it seems that they are replicating everything done in Brazil...

Regarding the free Political Party Advertsing, I wish I could do something about it, perhaps a plugin to automatically enter MP TV Series or Moving Pictures if you try to enter MyTV whenever they are broadcasting this pile of junk.... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom