problem with satellite setup (missing frequencies) (1 Viewer)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As mentioned in another thread, we are missing a whole bunch of frequencies on certain sat ports in our house. The setup is as follows: we have two houses. Both are being fed by a double-LNB (or so I believe, I didn't install all this myself). The signals from the LNB go to a multiswitcher #1, from there 3 sat ports go into house A, where everything works fine. The signals are looped through multiswitcher #1 and go to house B into multiswitcher #2, feeding 5 additional sat ports.

But at least one sat port in house B is missing one ore more frequency ranges (namely the one where the HTPC is hooked up). You can see the missing frequencies in the attachments, screenshots from a channel search in the TvServer. As I mentioned, everything works fine in house A (which is fed by multiswitcher #1).

I don't really how to deal with such a problem so I though maybe someone here on the forums has some ideas about this problem. Or maybe someone can direct me to a good sat forum of some sort.. :)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Problem (hopefully) solved :). It turns out that there is no connection between #1 and #2 for the low band frequencies (it's a common malpractice to just connect the high band). So all I have to do is adding 2 more cables...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom