Problem with sortby for 'Star Trek' (1 Viewer)

wolferl99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I have the problem that movie series are not sorted correctly. The problem seems to be that the 'Sort By' field isn't filled correctly. As an example see Star Trek: Insurrection which should be Star Trek 9:

QRLgecI.jpg

It is listed correctly in the scraper script:

UGDHQ37.jpg

Here the imdb+ version plus the chosen options:

NW0HP5j.jpg

It must be something specific to this install, because it works fine (updates to: Star Trek 09) on another PC.

Any hint appreciated, log attached if needed.

Attachments

• movingpictures.zip
      124 KB

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Looks like a glitch in the matrix - use the buttons at the top right to send back to the importer...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, looks like the forced `sortby` value was not used.

Probably one of those random race-conditions anomalies that I'll never be able to reproduce. As @SpudR mentioned a refresh should fix it.

wolferl99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Looks like a glitch in the matrix - use the buttons at the top right to send back to the importer...

Yeah, looks like the forced `sortby` value was not used.

Probably one of those random race-conditions anomalies that I'll never be able to reproduce. As @SpudR mentioned a refresh should fix it.

It gets weirder. I tried re-importing multiple times without success. And not just did that not fix it for this movie, when I tried the reimport on one of the other ones ('Star Trek V' I think), it replaced it's sortby value 'Star Trek 05' with 'star trek v the final frontier'!

Should I try de- and re-installing the imdb+ plugin?

Edit: the logfile in the first post is from one of those unsuccessful re-import trials, created following the description on the wiki. I should have clarified that in the OP

Last edited:

wolferl99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @wolferl99 the only way I can have a serious look at it, is if you follow the IMDb+ debug steps as outlined on the wiki @ Issues Debugging · RoChess/IMDbPlus Wiki · GitHub

The key is capturing the failure in a clean log file without any asynchrone log entries mixed in.

I'll be happy to take a look then.

Actually the log in the 1st post was captured that way: set log level to debug in both MP and scripts, start movingpictures config, wait for log file to not grow anymore and delete it, run import.

wolferl99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @wolferl99, my bad, I'm so used to bad logs that I misjudged yours.

Try v4.9.71 and it should work again.

No worries, having been on the receiving end of bad logs way too many time myself, I fully understand your sentiment! :)

And I'm happy to report that 4.9.71 fixed the problem, allowing both 'refresh' and 'reimport' to update the sortby field correctly.

Thanks for all your work and support.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You're welcome.

There is a special IMDb+ plugin entry to quickly fix your entire database with the correct SortBy entries, and that is to use the "Refresh Movies" option, and then select "Update replacements only".

This will refresh all your movies that you have in your collection with a matching entry in the default/custom rename XML files. That way the proper "Sort By" values will be used.

NOTE: Moving-Pictures only updates the movie list when it starts for the first time, so you would have to restart MediaPortal to see the new results correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom