Problem with timeshift files mutiplying on channel change (while recording) (1 Viewer)

askwhy

January 31, 2009
Not sure it's the exact same thing, perhaps it is, but I am still experiencing this old bug that was still being reported at least through RC3: TSBUFFER files not deleted when clients disconnect -- though I am experiencing it with 1.0 Final on a single seat client/server HTPC. The timeshift buffer file sets are never purged when viewing/timeshifting is stopped or Mediaportal is closed, and more and more and more sets of files are created until manually deleted.

Are these the same issue? (the bug discussed in this thread and the one I linked and described?) If it's not, where might I find the status of that issue? (not trying to hiijack this thread if I am in the wrong place)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The problem I described seems to be specific to the situation where a recording is occupying one of the tuners - I don't have a general problem with timeshift files.

It might be worth starting another thread about your problem.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Problem Fixed !

MP/TV-server 1.0.1 appears to have fixed the problem - TV-server now deletes old/dead timeshift files as it runs, so they don't keep multiplying.

Thanks to all the devs for fixing this problem.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom