Problems after installation (1 Viewer)

GvT

Portal Member
April 27, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello everybody,

a week ago I tried to install MP2 A4 on my HTPC and on my main PC.

Initially I had problems with Net 4.51 (there is another thread about this - thanks again for solving it within minutes!).

Now I came across several more problems:

1.) Both PC's boot around midnight (I didn't wait for it bit at 23pm their are off, at 3am they are on)
=> looking into it: MP2a4 Client did not terminate, when I closed it.
(I uninstalled MP2 on the HTPC, I will terminate MP2-clien manually (task manager) on the other to verify the reason for the wake up)

2.) On both systems I get the message: OptimFROG.dll missing.
On the desktop PC I copied it to the root of MediaPortal (had a lot more covers on my music [apparently, could not reproduce it]). After copying it, it did not show again.
I clicked OK to the warning
=> HTPC: it played the MP3
=> PC: no sound

3.) Terminating MP2a4, I get a warning on my PC:
"Unhandled exception in application: Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service"
(I can only start MP2 once, thereafter I have to close the client via TaskManager before restarting.

4.) On my desktop PC I get MP2 systems sounds (clicking buttons), but no music sound
(for MP1 sound I had to activate WASAPI to get the desktop PC to play any MP3 file in MP, otherwise I also just had systems sounds)

Both Systems
Win7 Pro 32bit
ASUS Xonar DX Soundcard
(onboard soundcard enabled)

My apologies for bothering with so many different problems. If I should separate them into different treads, please let me know.

I hope there are fixes/settings that help me and others to get MP2a4 working properly.
I also hope that this might help to improve the next version.

Many greetings
Georg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    OptimFROG.dll missing.
    This is a bug in BassPlayer. The workaround is to copy the DLL to MP2 Client Root Directory.
    The next MP2 Version will have a workaround integrated for this.

"Unhandled exception in application: Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service"
    This should not be the case. We need logs to see what's happen there.

On my desktop PC I get MP2 systems sounds (clicking buttons), but no music sound
    Maybe you've chosen the wrong Audio Device (Xonar vs Onboard) or a non- fitting codec in MP2 Config

MP2a4 Client did not terminate, when I closed it.
    This also should not happen. Logs, please.

C. Seward Sr.

August 27, 2019
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In this forum, this issue goes back at least 5 years. Can't this be fixed? I downloaded MP2 because someone recommended it as a replacement for Plex. When it is broken out of the box (for 5 years???), I'll have to say no thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom