problems compiling with visual c# express (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I got a cvs checkout of 2.0RC1, but what do I have to do to compile with c# express 2005 and .net 2.0 as suggested in home page ?
I have the following errors :

- setup : "The application is not installed"
- solution items : solution folders are not supported
- many assembly referencies are missing

Previously I was using 2003 studio and .net 1.1 -> no problems

Thanks

From Smirnuff: Please try to use more descriptive subjects than 'visual c# express'

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
How did you get the cvs-checkout?

I got my copy via Wincvs Version 2.012 or so. For my first attempts I used the source-code which I downloaded from sourceforge and had the same problems as you.

Now, with cvs-checkout-source, VC# 2005 Express made a built without errors and warnings. But the mediaportal.exe is very small and only the Config-Dialog is executed when I start mediaportal.exe.

I really don't know what is going wrong. Maybe there's somebody how can lead me to the right way to compile MP with VC# 2005 Express :oops:

eagle

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    eagle said:
    How did you get the cvs-checkout?

I got my copy via Wincvs Version 2.012 or so. For my first attempts I used the source-code which I downloaded from sourceforge and had the same problems as you.

Now, with cvs-checkout-source, VC# 2005 Express made a built without errors and warnings. But the mediaportal.exe is very small and only the Config-Dialog is executed when I start mediaportal.exe.

I really don't know what is going wrong. Maybe there's somebody how can lead me to the right way to compile MP with VC# 2005 Express :oops:

eagle

eagle,

The MP exe is pretty small (~232KB compiled in debug mode) so what you're seeing is likely OK. Also, MP launches the config wizard on the first launch if it can't find the MediaPortal.xml file, which is normal if it's the first time you've launched MP.

jgranie,

I had similar problems when I first installed C# Express. While there may be a more elegent fix, I fixed it by starting from scratch by nuking my mediaportal cvs folder and by doing a CVS checkout. The "solution items : solution folders are not supported" shouldn't stop you from building the solution.

Hope this helps -- Steve

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since yesterday I get some messages again when loading mediaportal.sln in Visual C# 2005 Express Edition:

=> Solution folders are not supported in this version of Visual Studio.
    => Solution folder 'plugins' will be displayed as unavailable.
    => Solution folder 'WebEPG' will be displayed as unavailable.
    => Solution folder 'HCWHelper' will be displayed as unavailable.
    => The Solution already contains an item named 'HCWHelper'.
    => Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read.

After building mp it will start with some remote related unhandled exceptions and a messagebox 'This sample will now exit.'.

jgranie

December 24, 2005
    Hi, thanks for your responses (I couldn't reply before, I had some troubles with my account)
    I still have one question :
    Can I use the version of the sources tagged RC2, or only the head latest ?
    thanks

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From now on there's a second solution file for Express users in CVS.
    Please use "MediaPortal.VC#Express.sln" in future.

Let's hope no dev forgets to update the sln.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom