Problems Playing Doom DVD (1 Viewer)

no_Legend

Portal Member
May 29, 2006
Hi, i dont know if im right here, so admin if im not sorry.

Now to my Problem.
I bought Doom, an now i want to play it in my HTPC but it doesnt work.

Everything is working fine to moment after the menu.
Every time when i will play the DVD nothing is happening.
The DVD drive is making such crazy sound, like the
the dvd is damaged.

But in the normal DVD-Player it will play correctly.

Is there an copy protection on the disc and are there any solutions for
that problem.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
some older dvd drives don't pickup discs correctly so that spinning noise is the computer trying to read it, as a test you could see if windows picks it up and will play it through a 3rd party program like powerdvd or something. If it does you konw its something in MP stopping it from working but if it wont read it its more than likely a old dvd drive, i havea problem on one of my computers that doesnt' read dual layered discs.

no_Legend

Portal Member
May 29, 2006
That is my Problem i tested this DVD in three DVD -ROMs, nothing is Working.

AnyDVD is an standart programm by all of my installations.

Nothing is working.

I dont understand this, i will try it with powerdvd i will post the result.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    If you can get anything to read it then I would suggest burning it, but there is your problem.

I love the fact now that some DVD's have such extreme copy protection that the only way to watch them without issue is to copy them first :)

Is there any mention on the DVD cover about copy protection technique? They usually have something written on them if so. Try a few friends PC's and see if they have any success. It could be an issue with the age of the drive reading a "dense" disk or somehting similar, as has already been suggested.

no_Legend

Portal Member
    May 29, 2006
    The drive in my Desktop is bought this april and the firmware is update on the last stand.
    At my uncles new notebook its the same nothing is working.

I cant say if there is any spezial copy protection on it, i have got the dvd from netleih an dvd rent service in germany.

All try to copy the dvd aren't not working. I think on the dvd are to many scratchers.

That DVD is the first who doesnt work in MP. Every other 160 dvd i have are working in my HTPC.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a kind reminder: Please avoid talking about how to crack copy protection systems. We'd have to remove such posts immediately.

Moved to Off Topic, btw, as it is no MP issue, but a general computing thing.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    All try to copy the dvd aren't not working. I think on the dvd are to many scratchers.

That DVD is the first who doesnt work in MP. Every other 160 dvd i have are working in my HTPC.

Definetly sounds like a copy protection thing to me. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom