Ongoing Problems with DVI output from ASUS 6150 motherboard (1 Viewer)

snewman

Portal Member
January 30, 2006
Australia
Hi,

I've just spent many frustrating hours trying to make my ASUS A8N-VM CSM motherboard graphics do 1:1 pixel mapping on my 37" LCD TV (1366 x 768). I have tried using the nVidia driver control panel and PowerStrip, but when I try various combinations of resolutions (1360/1364/1366/1368 etc) the text is blurry. I even found some funky settings on another forum that included values for all of the parameters (front porch etc), which the nVidia control panel would accept then ignore but which Powerstrip accepted properly... no dice.

In the end I changed over to the RGB output and bada-bing - 1366 x 768 looks fantastic right off the bat.

I think I have multiple issues with the DVI output - I think the TV is confusing things by only sending through HDTV resolutions via EDID, and I think the 6150 DVI output has got issues with custom resolutions.

Has anyone managed to successfully configure the DVI output on a 6150 based motherboard to work with an LCD TV?

Maybe I should just be happy with the RGB output (which does look pretty good by the way - DVDs using the PureVideo decoder look awesome, and the HD samples from the WMVHD and DIVX websites look fantastic too), but I got the DVI output so I want the damn thing to work.

--

cPH

Portal Member
February 11, 2006
Linz
Home Country
Austria Austria
solution

Hi,

the following solution is copied from http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-594826.html

===============================

I have a Nvidia 6150 based board (Asus a8n-vm csm) outputting through DVI to a 32" Syntax LCD.

My settings to get 1366x768 (1368x768) are as follows in the advanced timing under the nvidia control panel.

Horizontal:
Front Porch 40
Back Porch 224
Sync Width 184
Polarity -
Front End Active 1368
Back End Active 1366

Vertical:
Front Porch 3
Back Porch 29
Sync Width 6
Refresh Rate 59.99
Polarity -
Front End Active 768
Back End Active 768

Everything looks great setup this way.

===============================

I am also an owner of your mainboard - my 32" LCD works great with it. :)

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
snewman said:
Hi,

I've just spent many frustrating hours trying to make my ASUS A8N-VM CSM motherboard graphics do 1:1 pixel mapping on my 37" LCD TV (1366 x 768). I have tried using the nVidia driver control panel and PowerStrip, but when I try various combinations of resolutions (1360/1364/1366/1368 etc) the text is blurry. I even found some funky settings on another forum that included values for all of the parameters (front porch etc), which the nVidia control panel would accept then ignore but which Powerstrip accepted properly... no dice.

In the end I changed over to the RGB output and bada-bing - 1366 x 768 looks fantastic right off the bat.

I think I have multiple issues with the DVI output - I think the TV is confusing things by only sending through HDTV resolutions via EDID, and I think the 6150 DVI output has got issues with custom resolutions.

Has anyone managed to successfully configure the DVI output on a 6150 based motherboard to work with an LCD TV?

Maybe I should just be happy with the RGB output (which does look pretty good by the way - DVDs using the PureVideo decoder look awesome, and the HD samples from the WMVHD and DIVX websites look fantastic too), but I got the DVI output so I want the damn thing to work.

--

Does you TV allow for 1:1 pixle mapping when using the DVI - on many LCD's this is not possible. Does your TV have a VGA input? Does that correctly map 1:1?

cPH

Portal Member
February 11, 2006
Linz
Home Country
Austria Austria
fathead said:
Does you TV allow for 1:1 pixle mapping when using the DVI - on many LCD's this is not possible. Does your TV have a VGA input? Does that correctly map 1:1?

Hi fathead,

yes it does. It's a simple & inexpensive gericom TV ;)
It also has a VGA input but I have not ever tried VGA (due to my DVI). Thanks DVI I have the sharpest image ever on my tv.

so long
christoph :)

snewman

Portal Member
January 30, 2006
Australia
Christoph,

I did actually find that solution and tried it - it looked blurry on the LCD.

Maybe its a TV specific thing - I have a Toshiba 37WL58 37" LCD.

Sean

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom