Problems with imdb_com (1 Viewer)

FreddeMannen

Portal Member
September 12, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

Sometimes when I use the imdd function and fetch information from the imdb_com, the whole process freezes.. I need then to dig out the keyboard, do the Ctrl+Alt+Delete and delete again, to stop mediaportal and then restart the mediaportal.

I wonder if any of you guys have encounter the same problem?

Its MediaPortal 0.2.3.0

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think when this happens now, there is a dialogue box open that is hidden, so until you respond to that, it seems that MP is frozen.
    Try unchecking or checking the option to alway's have MP on top, if not try latest SVN, definately know it's working with that one as just updated all my movies.

thematrixz

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2007
    Home Country
    I use the latest SVN built. MP freezes while entering a name for a movie (since IMDB couldn't find exact match), usually after typing 2 characters, the screen stops with the screen keyboard still displayed, while the control of the arrow keys still work for the movie player in the background.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Will try just need a movie that's not immediately recognised and of course set up another movie source, would be nice if you told us skin's and version of MP anyone is using, to see if there is a fault relating to something specific.

Give us a MOVIE title as well, as could be region\ISP specific (happened before).

Thanks

thematrixz

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi PD, you can try to rename one of your movie file to something unrecognizable then update it.

I tried with 3 different skins (Blue 2 wide, Spinsafe and another I can't remember the name), all yield the same problem. I use IBDB.com, I think I tried FRDB.com too.

Thanks

Tan

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi thematrixz

Just renamed XXX (VanDiesel) to bla, yes know not to imaginative but does the job (got lots of results), set up movdb as another source, chose manual after no result that i wanted, choose manual, typed xxx and sure enough film info came up ok, This is with svn 15947 installed, unable to test any other svn at this moment.

:sorry:

ps, this could be a corrupt database, so might be worthwhile copying the movie.db out of MP folder and doing a rescan.

thematrixz

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi PD

I found out last night that this problem only occurs when using the keyboard to manually type in the name (the screen keyboard hangs after 2nd characters, works fine if I use the mouse to click the characters).

Doesn't seem like a database related issue, but I'll try to rename it and rescan tonight.

Thanks

Tan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom