Problems with new install of MP2 (1 Viewer)

ForestPCT

June 10, 2020
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I am a new user of MP2 and having problems configuring it with a PCTV HD 292e DVB-T USB Tuner. I'm running the latest Windows 10 v2004 and the tuner works OK with it's supplied TV Center application. However, I would like to try it with MP2 which I have installed (MP2.2.3 Server and Client) following the Wiki guidelines. I have run MP2 TV Configuration and scanned for and found TV and Radio channels successfully. However when I try and preview a TV Channel or try and watch using MP2 Client I a dialog opens asking to install "Sonic CinePlayer Decoder Pack" (see attached clip). After OKing this 3 times the channel eventually previews or plays in the client but I cannot select another channel. I've attached the logs and would appreciate any guidance as to what the problem might be.

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.6 KB
  • MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-06-11-23.36.01.zip
    396.7 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    "Sonic CinePlayer Decoder Pack"
    There are two possibilities.
    First, you have set the sonic codecs as the default ones for playback of media on your system. And they are only working flawlessly with the original Sonic software. Maybe this was done during the installation of the PCTV software. To fix this you need to have a look at the settings inside MP2 and change the (all) codec settings to LAVF. LAVF is very universal, very good and it's open source, so it's the default and recommended codec for anything inside MP2. That's why LAVF is installed during MP2 installation, if not already present in your system... As you already found the wiki (very good! Not many people are reading the wiki before fiddling), you can find instructions how to set codecs also in the wiki...

The second possibility is a leftover from previous installed software, maybe the software belonging to your Tuner. If changing codecs did not help, I would recommend to uninstall the PCTV software just for testing. If you are not happy with MP2 you later can re- install the original software again. And have a look that you don't uninstall the drivers for your tuner (they are definitely needed), just the main software...

ForestPCT

June 10, 2020
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi.

There are two possibilities.
    First, you have set the sonic codecs as the default ones for playback of media on your system. And they are only working flawlessly with the original Sonic software. Maybe this was done during the installation of the PCTV software. To fix this you need to have a look at the settings inside MP2 and change the (all) codec settings to LAVF. LAVF is very universal, very good and it's open source, so it's the default and recommended codec for anything inside MP2. That's why LAVF is installed during MP2 installation, if not already present in your system... As you already found the wiki (very good! Not many people are reading the wiki before fiddling), you can find instructions how to set codecs also in the wiki...

The second possibility is a leftover from previous installed software, maybe the software belonging to your Tuner. If changing codecs did not help, I would recommend to uninstall the PCTV software just for testing. If you are not happy with MP2 you later can re- install the original software again. And have a look that you don't uninstall the drivers for your tuner (they are definitely needed), just the main software...
    Thanks. I can find in the Wiki how to configure Codecs for MP1 but not for MP2.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Jep this part is missing in Wiki, sorry.
    You can find the codec settings under "Settings" > "Player" > "Codecs" in the MP2 GUI. Here are three sub- items to find. You should look at all of them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom