[confirm] Problems with RC4. Unsure if bug? (1 Viewer)

snickwad

Portal Member
May 26, 2008
Trowbridge
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi.

Following upgrade to Win 7 Home Premium x64, I have a couple of (only minor) issues with which I could do some help/suggestions. Overall, stability and function are superb; great work team, I appreciate your efforts. However, my problems. Firstly, I seem to have lost the menu/skin 'click'. It never works on startup and will occassionaly be heard, after playing a mp3 for example. Secondly, no visualisation works. I have the G-Force vis and the standard Alchemy. Neither function in either the player view or fullscreen. However, both function correctly in WMP.

For reference, I am using audio over HDMI (ATI HDMI Audio), on-board HD audio has been disabled. This is to keep the cabling neat and hopefully resolve any sync issues (previously had on SPDIF connected prior to getting an amp that supported HDMI). No TV at the present, need a card that works with Win 7 :( . Other than that, clean install of Win 7 on a dedicated HTPC box, with MCE components removed afterwards using the Add/Remove Windows Components in the Control Panel. All media is on network storage, and everything else works just great.

I have attached logs for reference, however, my untrained eye could not see any obvious errors. Earliset timestamp is the 'clean' debug, second includes the 'Moving Pictures' plugin.

I look forward to your suggestions. Thanks again.

Ash.

snickwad

Portal Member
May 26, 2008
Trowbridge
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Anyone?

Same scenario in RC6 too.

Watching the amp, skin sound effects do not seem to open a connection over the HDMI cable (or they are too quick) as the amp shows no audio channels detected. They all spring to life when playing media, so would seem to be skin related (??)

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I have no clue how the "receivers" react on HDMI Audio.

I can only tell that my Logitech Z550 Receiver has a little delay on detecting the audio stream format and with that it is slightly delayed with the audio output start. So the first Skin click is often not outputted, after that it works (after about 4sec with no signal it resets it's status).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom