Problems with Silverstone LC16B iMon remote (1 Viewer)

oldgit9

Portal Member
December 10, 2011
Home Country
Wales Wales
im 99% done in building my HTPC. im just waiting on a tv card to arrive in the new year.

in the mean time, i have been testing my build. at the moment, i have not connected the SSD. as i dont want to continually write to it and possibly damage it. so win 7 ultimate has been installed on my old 250GB HDD (going to be used for music on final set up). i installed all the drivers that came with motherboard, iMon, tv card etc and all are running fine. i installed MP and it looks all good when using a mouse.

but i do not want to use a mouse.....thats why i bought the Silverstone LC16B in the first place, as it has a VDF screen and a remote. but when using the remote....well...its a nightmare. after configuring iMon and also messing around with the remote settings, i cant get the iMon Pad remote to work correctly.

the remote basically has a mind of its own...one min it will work correctly, then it will go mental and things are selected without even pressing a button....then the remote will go on into a "go slow" mode. where you press some buttons and nothing will happen. most of the time, i have to press a button repeatedly to navigate anywhere. sometimes, it does as it's supposed to, but most of the time, a screen or option window will open and flicker repeatability. and i cant cancel out of it. unless i close MP. i would take a screen pic of the problem, but it would be pointless. as it would only show one part of the flicker and not the other screen.

when i use the remote on the main windows screen, even this is a nightmare...the mouse is so sensitive. when i double press the left mouse button, the mouse pointer goes off and do its own thing.

i have searched the forums and google for a resolve and i have tried some of the what i have found. but with no luck.
these are the guides/fixes i have tried:-
MediaPortal - Setup guide for Silverstone LC16M Case | iMon Remote Setup, iMon VFD Setup, iMon Front Button Hack i cant even import his remote settings.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...splay-driver-mediaportal-1-1-3-1-2-1-a-95616/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rt-53/imon-remotes-mapping-mediaportal-29442/

would using IRSS work???

any help would be grateful.

***UPDATE***
i still cant get the remote to calm down and work correctly. i have made a short film showing what is happening. you can view it "HERE"

***UPDATE 2***
i wasn't having any luck with the iMon iPad remote...no matter what i tried, the remote would do its own thing. to cut the long story short, i decided to buy a new remote. in the end, i settled for the "Logitech Harmony 300i". from my initial testing (mapping the remote and usage) i was a bit disappointed with it. mapping for my AV receiver was a nightmare (but thats a different story) compared to the other devices. but i must say, after getting the mapping out of the way, the remote works well...it's just the case of getting used to a new remote and i am glad that i decided to go for the 300i

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom