Problems with Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD (DVB-C) (1 Viewer)

nordemoniac

Portal Pro
January 20, 2010
Home Country
Norway Norway
"Nothing found", "No signal".

This is everything I'm getting when searching for channels!
I don't know what's wrong? It's the same cable I used for my decoder earlier.

In NPVR (GBPVR) I get signal without problems. I tried creating a new XML file with the tuning parameters without any luck.

I actually ONLY get signals (good ones!) in NPVR. No signal in Windows Media Center, nothing in the included Terratec program, nothing in MP.

Except for a couple of times when suddenly 5 channels appear on 306MHZ. But usually I just get "Nothing found".

Does anyone have useful information?

Mediaportal V1.1.0.
TV-card: Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD & CI addon
Network Provider: Canal Digital (Norway)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Had excatly same problem as you with same card on Win 7

Removed Mediaportal completely! (uninstalled+deleted directories)
    Removed Mysql(important! Remember to delete mysql folder under programdata folder)

I guess the reason is caused by upgrading the RC releases.

/Morten

nordemoniac

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hmm... The problem is that I just installed MediaPortal 1.1.0 on a clean system (just installed Windows!!)

Some more tips? :D

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD with success. Have you checked all settings? Im thinking of network-id. I use comhem and need a proper id for getting channels.

nordemoniac

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Actually I'm a bit unsure what to choose.

All I know, is that NPVR works! And I tried using some frequencies from NPVR, but it just replies with "Nothing found!"

What OS are you on? I've heard that Terratec sucks at updating drivers... Maybe that's the cause?

But it still doesn't explain why it works on NPVR!!!:mad:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh... I uninstalled the card, and deleted the driver software (latest *.501)

Then I installed the driver Cinergy_C_PCI_HD_Drv_Vista_XP_1.1.0.301.

Suddenly MediaPortal could find some channels!

Weird.. Their new Windows 7 driver doesn't work as good as their old Vista driver...

But for some reason, NPVR DOES work on the new driver, as the only software yet of those I've tested.

Will report back how this works, and contact Terratec.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still haven't got all of the channels. But at least I'm getting some channels at all! (39, should be around 120)

Anyways, I have to find a way to setup Acamd in Mediaportal to watch them.

For some reason, it seems like the search doesn't work anymore. It got those 39 channels, and now it's back to "No signal", "Nothing found".

Bah...

nordemoniac

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm still experiencing problems with channels.

I can get like 90% of my channels in NPVR, and now NONE in MediaPortal.

Anyone else experiencing problems like this?

Is it the driver for my Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD maybe?

Terratec + Windows 7 x64 seems to be a bit buggy.

Perls

Portal Member
    September 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This card works without problems for me with the 1.01.00.601 driver. The newer 1.01.01.501 does not
    seem to work with Mediaportal. Just checked the Terratec site and there is also a new beta driver available
    that may be worth trying. I used the "search for transponder list" in the advanced tuning options and
    found 150 channels, both QAM64 and QAM256 modulated, in a couple of minutes.

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I could never get this to work in 64bit slots, try a 32bit slot.

Thanks!! I experienced the same problem. I had the card in a 64 bits PCI slot in which it seemed to work just fine (card is recognized, driver installs fine, MediaPortal recognizes the card), but no channels could be found. Based on your post I moved it to a 32 bit slot and voila.. all channels are found! :D

nordemoniac

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Uhm, 64-bit / 32-bit PCI slot?

Really? There are different slots? I have 1x PCIe16x, 1x PCIe4x and two PCI-slots. Should one of these be 32-bit?... BIOS-setting? I'm confused.

Perls: Where can I find the new driver. I can see that there's a beta driver available, but it seems like it's for "S2". Satellite cards?

Maybe it'll work anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom