Problems with Windows 7 and MediaPortal 1.1 (1 Viewer)

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Hi,

Not sure if I should report bugs when running Windows 7. So asking here, two things;

Some times not able to delete recordings, MP gives some error, I suppose it said "MediaPortal unable to delete recording".
I could not now reproduce this problem, so no logs. Maybe something must be done before this problem arises.

Another problem is that after resume (maybe also reboot) I am not able to watch recordings. It gives some audio codec
error. If I start live tv and then go back to recording, it works.

Are these known issues? Should I report a bug about these?

Br,
Sohvaperuna

aikeru

Portal Member
March 24, 2008
Arkansas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Suggestion

I'm new to the forum and though I'm a longtime MP user I don't use Windows 7 and don't consider myself an expert or anything.
I just have a suggestion for you about the audio CODEC issue...

It could be that a particular CODEC is missing from your machine? You can download CODEC packs although in my experience you should be careful about mixing different CODEC packs or you can download a specific CODEC for the particular media file you are trying to play.

There is a program called "G-Spot" which is free and detects what CODEC is needed for a given file.

Personally I use CCCP as my preferred CODEC pack (don't know of anything better) :)

Hope this helps somehow.

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
I'm new to the forum and though I'm a longtime MP user I don't use Windows 7 and don't consider myself an expert or anything.
I just have a suggestion for you about the audio CODEC issue...

It could be that a particular CODEC is missing from your machine? You can download CODEC packs although in my experience you should be careful about mixing different CODEC packs or you can download a specific CODEC for the particular media file you are trying to play.

There is a program called "G-Spot" which is free and detects what CODEC is needed for a given file.

Personally I use CCCP as my preferred CODEC pack (don't know of anything better) :)

Hope this helps somehow.

thing is that it works after playing live tv, so I suppose it is not only codec thingie.

Br,
Sohvaperuna

aikeru

Portal Member
March 24, 2008
Arkansas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Oh, now that I think of it I have seen a similar CODEC issue!
It's happened before that I can't play certain files unless I play a different file first, otherwise I get a CODEC error, or I just get a CODEC error that doesn't seem to always happen.

I am not sure what can cause this except improperly installed/buggy CODEC installation.

I don't currently have any live TV for my MP so I don't know how I can help you there. The only sure-fire way I know to really clean out all your CODEC information is to reinstall the OS.

Anyways, I'll quit ranting on about CODECs as that may not be your issue at all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom