Retired Team Member
- December 26, 2004
This is how the team processes the submitted patches.
- user submits the patch - prefix = [pending]
- MP1 Development Managers review the proposal. At this stage, the code is not yet looked at.
- If they conclude that the basic idea of the patch is something we want to get included in MP 1 (in which version is not clear at this point) then the thread is set to [evaluate]
- Developers look in the submit patches forum for threads with the prefix [evaluate]
- The developer changes the prefix of the thread to [assigned] to show other developers that someone is assigned to that patch now. Then he starts to evaluate the actual code / *.patch file
- If the code is useable, the thread gets set to [approved] and mantis issue is created
- Depeding on the size/nature of the change (new feature/bugfix), the target MP version, in which this patch will be included is set. This could be the version currently in development, or an upcoming version.
- In case the change requires an update of the documentation in our wiki, then the patch submitter must provide that.
The code will not get submitted until this is done.
- code is submitted to svn (if scheduled for an later release, this will be done as soon as development of that version started)