Program priority with 2 tuners (1 Viewer)

socshaw

July 20, 2006
I'm in Australia using the OzTivo EPG Source.

I have a analog and a DVB-T tuner setup sharing the same channels. The DVB-T card has a higher priority and a couple more channels than the analog card.

Here's the scenario

I want to record all four shows below.

Channel 9 - CSI , Channel 10 - Law and Order CI
Channel 9 - CSI Miami, Channel 10 - Law and Order CI

The problem i am having because the aussie free to air stations are so crap at starting and finishing on time I record 5 minutes before and 10 after each show. But with the priority set higher on CSI MediaPortal will switch to recording CSI Miami on the tuner that was recording L & O and then the 9.30 L & O will have to wait till the 8.30 CSI has finished. So i miss a big chunk of the Law & Orders.

What I would like is for MediaPortal to recognise that it is recording consecutive programs and doen't need the before and after in between. That is treat consecutive shows on the same channel as if it was one show just in 2 files. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Mike.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    socshaw said:
    What I would like is for MediaPortal to recognise that it is recording consecutive programs and doen't need the before and after in between. That is treat consecutive shows on the same channel as if it was one show just in 2 files. I hope this makes sense.

It certainly does make sense! I and other have requested this a few times before. I hope that the reason it hasnt been done yet is that it will be implemented in the new recording engine that is being worked on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom