Programme Info Wrong When Watching Video (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using MP 1.9.0 pre, the aMPed and Titan skins, and 32-bit Vista.

For the past few years I have used Windows Media Center, and have accumulated a library of DVR-MS files. These files contain metadata that provides the programme information, but this info is not available to MP, and I have not yet got around to writing a tool to extract the metadata and create an XML file for MP to use. So, when watching a DVR-MS file, I would expect the programme info to be blank. Not so!

This is what I did:

(1) Started MP and went to the "Recorded TV" panel (displayed in list mode). I moved the focus down the list and stopped on "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy". (See screen shot 1.)

(2) I then exited "Recorded TV" and went into the "Videos" section and entered the folder for the "Helix" TV series (recorded on WMC -- hence a DVR-MS file). (See screen shot 2.)

(3) I then started playback of the first "Helix" episode listed. The first oddity was that (with aMPed) it displayed in the lower left corner:
    Now Playing: "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy"
    Later I pressed the INFO button on the remote control, and both aMPed and Titan displayed the programme info for "Hitchhiker's Guide". I took a screen shot with the programme info superimposed over the "Helix" title sequence. (See screen shot 3.)

One other problem that I noticed: the first time that I tried to start playback of a "Helix" episode by pressing the OK button with the focus on the episode in list view (screen shot 2), the screen blanked momentarily but then reappeared, and playback did not start. It required a second press for playback to start. Thereafter, DVR-MS files required only one press of "OK" to start playback. Is this expected?

I have attached the 3 screen shots and logs.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• programme_info_wrong_1.jpg
      programme_info_wrong_1.jpg
      94.8 KB
    • programme_info_wrong_2.jpg
      programme_info_wrong_2.jpg
      55.9 KB
    • programme_info_wrong_3.jpg
      programme_info_wrong_3.jpg
      64.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread