Ongoing Project Galileo - Lian Li PC-P50 Water cooled (1 Viewer)

Mark Gilbertson

Portal Member
May 20, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Firstly I should point out that this is not strictly an HTPC but it will be used as media centre.

Firstly the case - Lian Li PC-P50. I bought this in 2009 and I had a normal air cooled PC stuck inside it now Ivy Bridge is out it's time to upgrade it. You can see pictures of my previous system here and here.

Here's the front the front drive bay covers are missing but that's not problem I'm going to fit an optical drive and fan controller there.

SANY0529.jpg

Here's the rear of case, pretty standard affair.

SANY0530.jpg

The top of the case has 2x 140mm fans. I've thought about putting a 280 rad up here but when I measured it up I doubt I will have the space it which is a shame but I might be able to get away with a single 140mm compatible rad.

SANY0533.jpg

This is where I'm going to mount the 240 radiator but first I will need to remove the middle plates which I hope aren't riveted in.

SANY0524.jpg

A while latter...........

I'm going to try an use this as a blank plate for my PSU to cover up the hole at the bottom of the case but the metal is to thick so I will need a good cutting tool.

SANY0527.jpg

And it's a perfect fit!
SANY0528.jpg

More updates latter

Mark Gilbertson

Portal Member
May 20, 2012
Home Country
Ok here are some more pictures.

Here I've mounted the reservoir to the pump and both to the dual rad however it will need another fitting to make it secure.

SANY0534.jpg

Here's a picture from the side. The next fitting will be a bracket for the pump to sit on which will be secured to the bottom of the rad.

SANY0537.jpg

And here it is in my case this time you can just about make out the bottom bracket which I had to use. It was a tight fit and a lot of elbow grease was used to make it fit but I've just about pulled it off.

SANY0538.jpg

SANY0539.jpg

Ah the power supply my first modular PSU and a fully modular one at that!

SANY0546.jpg

There will be a lot of wiring for this build so it's a good job I'm taking my time with it. Here is the four port fan controller, what I've done is wired up the two front fans on the rad to one channel and the two top 140mm fans to the other, I leave the 3rd and 4th channels free in case I decide to fit another rad on the rear of the case.

SANY0547.jpg

That will it for while, the next parts will be the motherboard and CPU block and along with some compression fittings and tubing.

Mark Gilbertson

Portal Member
May 20, 2012
Home Country
UPDATE

Well some parts have finally come, hard drive, SSD, ram and motherboard.

SANY0548.jpg

Here's the Gigabyte Z77 UDH3 fitted into place

SANY0554.jpg

I've sceuced the SSD with some stick back adhesive to the rear of the motherboard tray. However the rest of the cables look like a real mess I will have to clean this up with some cable ties at some point.

SANY0556.jpg

Hmm not sure if this will work but there's not many places I can put the hard drive I just hope the sticky adhesive is enough.

SANY0561.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom