Prompt User to change channel for scheduled recording (1 Viewer)

shaggerz

June 3, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Started on: 2012-06-06
last update: 2012-06-06

Summary: Prompting user to change live tv channel in favour of scheduled recording

Area: ?

Description:
First off a massive thanks to the mediaportal developers for creating a brilliant piece of software that rivals and even surpasses Windows Media Center in so many ways. Most amazingly, offering mediaportal for free. Many thanks.

As a long time user of Windows Media Center, I have gotten used to a couple of little features that, unless I'm missing something, mediaportal lacks. When watching live TV and a scheduled recording is coming up, Media Center would politely ask if I minded if it changed the channel to record that show... it did so with an unintrusive dialog in the bottom right corner of the screen, and if I happened to be not watching the TV, after a few minutes of me not answering, it would change the channel anyway - this is really nice feature giving you the opportunity to decide if what you are watching live is more important than the scheduled recording. As far as I can tell, mediaportal doesn't allow this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom