Public Developing List? (1 Viewer)

RolandDeschain

Portal Member
April 25, 2005
Australia
I've submitted two items to this in the past, and I find it just plain questionable. One request I added doesn't even appear any more, yet the feature (a trivial Last Seen info for each file in My Videos, my only gripe with MP) hasn't magically been added - somebody just figured it either wasn't fit or useful enough for MP and removed it.

If the whole point of the PDL is for developers to be able to more easily find out what users are requesting (than using the forums), why hasn't anything on it even been attempted? Do all the people who spend time adding requests not represent where the application is going?

If you don't care about people's input, don't pretend to.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    While this is just my opinion, as far as I knew, the PDL was just a place where people could put ideas. If someone (who knew how to code) liked it enough they could pick it up from there. Sort of an area for new programmers to practice (who arent experienced enough to work with MP core code) on. It didnt actually mean the main developers would do any of it, as they are busy enough as it is.

RolandDeschain

Portal Member
    April 25, 2005
    Australia
    I understand that there's an awful lot of work involved with bug fixes and general development, but it still seems a waste to have the PDL, that nobody has yet to pay attention to.

I feel like I need to say I'll paypal a certain figure to get a trivial addition (the aforemention one) implimented. Maybe that's the best way. :(

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the best way to get things implemented is to talk to the main devs on IRC. So if you have a nice patch, do not only throw it into PDL, go also on IRC and try to discuss it with the DEVs. :)

HTH, Flip.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    It is not good if sth. got removed without any notice to you. All the more as the PDL follows a rather structured approach into which you certainly put quite some time.

My suggestion:

forum feature request
    good feedback
    outline concept
    other forum members add aspects, ideas to the concept
    then you may work out a concept for PDL
    and allways good, but not allways easy, to discuss idea with some dev on irc
    also you could crosslink forum and pdl for your idea, because i think the pdl is not in focus of everybody.

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom