Ongoing Pundit probs (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hello all,

First of all: I'm a newbie from Belgium! :)
I'm using MP for 2 weeks now, and decided to buy a Pundit-R. But I have several problems with it. And here are some experts with this barebone. :)

When I attach a TV to the barebone trough "composite" (the yellow plug), do I have to select every time windows start the screen? (vga or composite) Or will windows select the tv automaticly?

Serious dumb question:
The CMOS Battery Holder on the motherboard, wich side is the - and wich the + ?
'Cause every time I unplug the power cable, I have to re-enter all the settings in BIOS.

I have BIOS 3, but the manual says I must be able to select the start Voltage for the cpu fan, the temperature that the CPU fan must run @ full speed...
I'm only able to selet enable/disable the "Smart function".

Thx for reading and keep in mind that I speak dutch! :oops: :lol:

luke

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i'll try to my best because you didn't list which hardware you were using.

1. With my ATI All In Wonder 9000, windows xp automatically selects the TV output which i use via a svideo cable. NOTE: I do not have a monitor connected to the computer, just the tv.

2. There are a few different CMOS battery holders. Most of the ones i've seen are either the upright kind or the ones that lay the battery down. More then likely your's lays down. The battery should go in + side up. It's usually the side that has all the writing on it.

3. I'm not too sure about this question but from what i can gather, your talking about a temp in which the fan will start running at a higher RPM. Best bet would be to reply to this with which motherboard your using so that we could go look at the manual to try and understand better.

Hope this helps!

A

Anonymous

Thx for the answer!

1) Solved :D
    2) The battery holder is upright, that's the problem, it doesn't say wich side is + and - ...
    3) I have the Pundit-R ith the P4R8L motherboard, ATI Chipset, and ATI9100 onboard.
    I'll try to find the online manual and give a link. In the manual I have ove here, It is explained on page 87.

Thx already!

Pingus

Portal Member
    February 2, 2005
    Denmark
    jumper said:
    Hello all,

First of all: I'm a newbie from Belgium! :)
    I'm using MP for 2 weeks now, and decided to buy a Pundit-R. But I have several problems with it. And here are some experts with this barebone. :)

When I attach a TV to the barebone trough "composite" (the yellow plug), do I have to select every time windows start the screen? (vga or composite) Or will windows select the tv automaticly?

Serious dumb question:
    The CMOS Battery Holder on the motherboard, wich side is the - and wich the + ?
    'Cause every time I unplug the power cable, I have to re-enter all the settings in BIOS.

I have BIOS 3, but the manual says I must be able to select the start Voltage for the cpu fan, the temperature that the CPU fan must run @ full speed...
    I'm only able to selet enable/disable the "Smart function".

Thx for reading and keep in mind that I speak dutch! :oops: :lol:

Hi Jumper, I have a Pundit-R which works GREAT ...

1. You need to go to the ATI website and download Catalyst 5.3 driver suite (the full one = 29MB) set up the multiscreen in the driverinterface, set the BIOS to Auto and it will detect which display you have connected.

2. ? As I see it, you have a 50% chance of hitting it right :)

3. There is a BIOS 1004 released about a week ago, BUT the manual is incorrect talking about "some extra fetures" it is right you only have the option to set smartfan ON or OFF (I would recommend ON :), alternate you can use SPEEDFAN (google it).

4. There is currently one issue (which i have found anyway) it's about the soundchip at the MB and going into suspend ex. from MP, when it comes out of it, there is no sound and the recordings will then also be recordet without sound :-(, the issue is the soundchip/XP and the driver, a never driver must be posted from the ASUS website. .... Anyway there IS a way to "hack" the driver to a newer version, PM post me if you are suffering from the problem and would like to use my "never driver version".

5. Just as info: I have succesfully changed the processor fan to a "standard" Intel in a box fan" so the speed is about the half of the "standard" Asus Pundit-R fan, reducing the fan somewhat 25%, ALSO if you are up to it, cutting the metal infront of the powerfan also reduces the annoing "metallic" sound, also around 25%, jusk make sure that the cables from the DVD/HD are not getting in there.

A

Anonymous

Thx for the answer!

You helped me a lot. The only problem I have to solve, is the bios.
    He doesn't want to remember the setting. From the moment I unplug the power, I have to re-enter the settings(eg date, hour).
    If I cant fix it tomorrow, I'll have to check my warranty... :-(

As an addition, last question:
    Do you have an URL for the latest BIOS file? 'Cause on the ASUS websites, I can only find Version 1002 and 1003.
    I cant fin 1004...

Thx² :D

A

Anonymous

umtauscher said:
    IIRC the 1004 is only available as live update with their update application.

Cheers

Umtauscher
    But its only reachable on the .de server...
    Strange, because on their 'official' site (that is .com.tw, if i'm correct) there is nog bios available-> "No such file found on the server".

A

Anonymous

When I update to version 4, I can't boot into windows anymore, so I'll have to wait on an other version.

Anyway, all my questions/problems are solved, so thx!!

I'll keep in mind that here I cant find multiple happy Pundit-r users! :)

(may be closed)

A

Anonymous

Not happy yet PUNDIT-R user

:(

@jumper
    I have bios set to Auto and if you have it connected to tv it will activate de composite-out. If connected into VGa it will activat VGA... no problems for me.

Losing CMOS memorie? if its on warranty? get to the store and make them check that... if battery is ok then the motherboard as one defect.
    Have no problems with that here.
    I still didnt update to 1004r but i think that is only for new CPU types!

My TV tuner doesnt work in PUNDIT-R, but i see that they are several users using Hauppauge without problems...
    Its tue rigth?
    Hauppauge will be my next buy.

@janglarsen
    I didnt tested that recording issue yet, but you could share that drive anywhere!

Goahead 8)

Pingus

Portal Member
    February 2, 2005
    Denmark
    jumper said:
    When I update to version 4, I can't boot into windows anymore, so I'll have to wait on an other version.

Anyway, all my questions/problems are solved, so thx!!

I'll keep in mind that here I cant find multiple happy Pundit-r users! :)

(may be closed)

Hi Jumper, I am quite happy with my Pundit-R, despite the "few" problems it ROCKS! and also the "WifeApprovalFactor" is ok :)

When I "showed" it off at work with MP 0.1.0.9 tree of my colleges buyed one too !! (one went the MCE way due to the overlay troubles ... dammmn :-( )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom