Pure Audio Plugin (1 Viewer)

Koenjer

Portal Member
July 7, 2009
I see and read that there are a lot of satisfied users of the "PureAudio" plugin.
To bad that the designer "Symphy" is not very active anymore.

I don't have the skills to improve the plugin myself, but is there an engineer that has some
spare time to add some features?

I have some stuff on my wish list :)

- CUE file support

- Kernel Streaming / WASAPI support

- New installer, compatible with 1.2.1

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Looks like that we will do a rewrite of the BASS Player for 1.3, if our limited time allows.
    We plan to have WASAPI support in that version and there should then no longer be a need for PureAudio.

Koenjer

Portal Member
    July 7, 2009
    Looks like that we will do a rewrite of the BASS Player for 1.3, if our limited time allows.
    We plan to have WASAPI support in that version and there should then no longer be a need for PureAudio.

That would be a great solutions, even better :)

Would it also be possible to implement multi channel playback functionality (5.1 wav)?

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi everyone. I'm glad to hear that this plugin is stiil being apreciated and used by many. Just saw its been downloaded over 6000 times the last year.

Unfortunately i have found myself gotten into a major personal crisis the last year, and the end of it is not yet in sight. That is the reason i'm not working on it lately. Here at home i'm still using MP 1.1.0 with plugin 2.2.0

I still hope to be able to pick this up again sometime, but i cannot make any promises.

jameson_uk will be getting write access to the source code, so he can make it work again with the latest MP releases.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Symphy has kindly given me access to update the PureAudio repository so I have committed a new version (the only change is an upgrade to .NET 3.4 and the version checks for MP 1.2)

Version 0.2.4 should now be available from the MPEI extension installer.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Pure Audio Plugin

That sounds great! Is it also planned to add ReplayGain support to the BASS player? That is my major reason to use the Pure Audio plugin

SalkinA

October 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Sounds great, would love to be able to use media portal to play my HQ flac's as well as my movies and series. Rather see wasapi support than replaygain actually, #1 must be to get best possible quality output before anything else?

I know you only have so much coding time so hoping it's spent on adding wasapi support. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom