Pureaudio doesn't work with Asus Xonar (1 Viewer)

Douwedijkstr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    Baarn
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After fiddling with pureaudio for a while, I'm still confused...

First of all, when I use ASIO for playback, it takes about 6 to 7 seconds for the music to start in Mediaportal. Also, the playback sometimes stops altogether after a song. This problem doesn't occur with using the Windows kernel. What could be the issue here?

Secondly, DTS-wavs don't work. There are a couple of albums that do work (ripped at 48Khz), but these can also be played back by Windows Media Player without additional codecs. So I don't think that that has anything to do with PureAudio. Have I forgotten to install some things??? Thanks in advance for all the help!

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    You need the WMPlayer player for those DTS-wavs. PureAudio won't decode them. If they work in Windows Media Player then WMPlayer will do it. If they don't, you need to install AC3Filter.

Douwedijkstr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    Baarn
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Kenwonders,

I got the DTS-wavs working using WMPlayer and AC3filter! So that problem is solved. If anyone has any suggestions concerning the 6 second lag using ASIO, I appreciate it!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had the same thing.
    I just today downloaded the newest driver (11-2-2009) from the asus site. Its the beta I use now.

-Installed WMPlayer, I deleted .mp3 as supported extention from wmplayer plugin.
    -Disabled pureaudio plugin.

-IN configuration the Music tab I have selected Bass engine, Asus Xonar DX Audio as sound device. Output level to 100%, checked gapless playback and buffer is at 5 sec. In the music tab I do not use asio here.

-In the Xonar configuration screen I have set sample rate at 44.1 khz, 2 speaker output, SPDIF checked with PCM selected. No effects selected and volume is at 100% as are all other volume controls in windows.

Now I have 0 seconds delay in playback DTS/AC3. Although it appears I am unable to play DTS@48khz. Only AC3@48khz. dont know why.
    I hope this works for you as well.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm having this issue with the audio being 5-6 seconds behind also. I'll press play on an album, the screen will change to 'Now Playing' and the counter will start ticking over, but the audio doesn't start coming out for about 5 seconds. When the track counter/time gets to the end, the 'now playing' track will change to the next track in the album, but the previous track is still playing the last few seconds; by the time the next track starts actually playing, the counter is already up to about 5 or 6 seconds. Why is it doing this? Is it fixable? The solution by edterbak doesn't seem to be a solution at all, it's just NOT to use the pureaudio plugin (unless I'm not understanding properly?). Has anybody got the Pureaudio plugin working properly with the Asus Xonar soundcard??

Cheers!

acidizer

November 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Its bug in ASIO driver, use asio4all instead of native ASIO driver and it solves the problem untill next version of Xonar driver release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom