Question about IMDB+ being first scraper for moving pictures... (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone. I'm not sure but I think I found a bug. I wanted to redo my movie database info. I delete the import paths and all my movie data. I added 1 directory and when movie pictures started to import movies, it used just imdb as the first choice. I manually had to change all the movie finds to use imdb+ to get the benefit of the imdb+ scraper. I started media portal and went to the imdb+ plugin. It changed it so that the imdb+ scraper was first.

I then added another directory to add more movies.

Is there a way to set the imdb+ scraper to be the primary scraper from within the media portal config settings for moving pictures? the imdb+ plug in does not allow me to config it from the media portal plug in configuration area.

Is this a bug or am I not using this correctly?

Thanks
    -Steve

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there a way to set the imdb+ scraper to be the primary scraper from within the media portal config settings for moving pictures? the imdb+ plug in does not allow me to config it from the media portal plug in configuration area.
    Hi Steve.
    Open the MovingPictures configuration and click on the tab 'Importer Settings'. On the bottom you'll find the settings for the Data Sources. Select 'Manually manage movie data sources and click on the button 'Movie Details Data Sources'. In the window that opens, make sure that the 'IMDb+' source is on top of that list.
    MovPic_Config.JPG Movie_Details_Data_Sources.JPG

I manually had to change all the movie finds to use imdb+ to get the benefit of the imdb+ scraper.
    Inside MediaPortal, open de IMDb+ Plugin. Open de hidden menu and select 'Force IMDb+'. This will set the IMDb+ scraper for ALL movies that have been scraped with another source.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Darnit, MovPic must have made a breaking change then, because IMDb+ during installation is supposed to do this. It is only after IMDb+ has already been installed; that when you then upgrade MovPic that things might need additional 'correcting'. @ltfearme then found an awesome workaround to detect this when you enter IMDb+ plugin inside MediaPortal (GUI not config) and offer you a dialog to fix it on the spot.

Guess I got a ton of debugging to look forward to :mad:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Just wanted to say thank you for the IMDB+ Plug in. Even if it has bugs, it is really a nice scraper and I love how it puts the series of movies together. Really cool!

Thank you.

Lot of things start out for personal usage, including IMDb+, but when it is easy to expand it a little and benefit more people it can quickly take a life of its own. Just never expected that I would get crammed with a lot of work at the same time I had big plans to rewrite, and now these darn bugs (not complaining though; mo' work == mo' money).

At least there are easy work arounds, but as soon as I can it will be fixed so that it works perfect again out of the box (till the next bug).

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Steve.
    Open the MovingPictures configuration and click on the tab 'Importer Settings'. On the bottom you'll find the settings for the Data Sources. Select 'Manually manage movie data sources and click on the button 'Movie Details Data Sources'. In the window that opens, make sure that the 'IMDb+' source is on top of that list.
    View attachment 113239 View attachment 113240

I manually had to change all the movie finds to use imdb+ to get the benefit of the imdb+ scraper.
    Inside MediaPortal, open de IMDb+ Plugin. Open de hidden menu and select 'Force IMDb+'. This will set the IMDb+ scraper for ALL movies that have been scraped with another source.

Just wanted to follow up with another question that is easy to see on Homey's picture. Can we set the IMBD+ language to english? I tried going thorough the mediaportal GUI (not the configuration link) and set it to use english, but in this box (see homey's picture) it does not say english.

Should it or will it only show a language when it is something other than english?

Thanks
    -S

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Steve,

I'm not sure if it matters, but i'm using the IMDb+ plugin to retrieve all info from IMDB, but all movie summaries are downloaded in another language (Dutch for me). Maybe this is way it's not showing English on the scraper screen? Maybe (since it's multi-langual) it just doesn't show a language on the scraper, but @RoChess will be able to confirm this.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sandy knocked me off since Monday, still without power, but running on generator shared with neighbours since yesterday.

IMDb+ uses its own settings. There is no configuration ability inside MediaPortal config, only inside MediaPortal GUI (under `Plugins` by default). Default language is English, so that should have worked fine.

@nzdreamer55, still go through all the IMDb+ options though, for example you can use NewZealand rating systems instead of default USA MPAA one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom