Question about migrating to SSD HD (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi all,

Quick question regarding my new SSD HD. I've just cloned my old mechanical HD to this SSD HD, containing just one partition with the SO, Win7 Enterprise 32bits...

Question: I've read that Win7 is the first SO to support SSD HDs directly, disabling indexing and other things, but... if installed in a mechanical HD and cloned afterwards to SSD as I've done, does it detect the new situation and adapt itself, or should I do something else?

BTW, I'm absolutely astonished... It's definitely THE step forward for an HTPC (well... for any PC) in terms of system responsiveness. I'm waiting now that 120 Gb ones get a little bit cheaper to change my netbook's HD... :p

Thanks all.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Try this:

Open a "Command Prompt" as Administrator
    Type: winsat disk

Winsat is the windows assessment utility (used to give you the Windows Experience Index). By running this, I believe it dtects you have an SSD and will disable the relevant processes/services (never tried it for optimizing with an SSD, as I've never cloned HDD to SSD)

J.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok. done... I'm not sure there's nothing changed... but anyway, good point! :)

Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom