Question about the hauppauge 350 tv-out software? (1 Viewer)

T

Th3Eagle

I'm not realy shure where to post it in the forum so I am hoping the off-topic section will do.

This is more a question to the owners of a haupauge 350 (or people that all all-knowing) Its probaly a bad question seeing that the feater looks like a basic feature, but I just want to know for shure before I buy a 170 euro tv card :?

I'm currently using the tv out on my geforce 4 ti to display movies/series/overal junk on my tv. The software supplied by nvidia alows me to set the size to full screen on my second monitor (my tv is 15" and tft is 17" to they dont match up when using full screen on both) the moment I start something in a media player.
My real question, is this also suported in the software used by the haupage 350 or even in MediaPortal (maybe I overlooked it, been starring at info for the last 2 hours on my screen)??

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the PVR 350 tv out is not meant as graphics out for windows. It can only display MPEG2 streams. It cannot display a GUI (windows desktop, AVIs, OSD, etc.). For displaying MPEG2 streams, the application has to support it. MP does this not.

Only GBPVR can display some things through the tv out. (TV and MPEG2 files)

Flip.

T

Th3Eagle

Darn, the 150 doens't have radio, the 150mce has a radio but I have to buy a remote seperatly (mce) the same for the 500.

Maybe I could go for the 500, ill have two tuners (whould have bought an 150 with the 350 anyway so the double tuner in the 500 solves that problem) and the seperate remote for mce looks great as well and I believe it works just as well with MP, or am i mistaken at this part?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

jupp. The MCE remote has also build in support. :)

Today i would go for a PVR 500 i think. Dual tuner for recording and timeshift TV watching! Great thing.

And you should consider to buy a up to date graphics card. MP is a DirectX9 application and is much less CPU intensive, when using a new card. Also TV out of most cards today is better.

HTH, Flip.

T

Th3Eagle

Almost forgot to ask does MP even work on my geforce 4 ti? it works with most dx9 software even though it should only support DX8 (9 just wasnt inveted yet).

As for the upgarde afther the tv-card im just biscaly waiting until something goes wrong, giving me an excuse to completly rebuild my pc. Buying a low budget agp8 card and having my mother board going bust 2 months later whould be a waste :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom