QUESTION: Is Multishort compatible with MP 1.6 (1 Viewer)

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
Hello Earth to Multishort, come in Multi short.
I have a great setup with Multishort in MP 5 and I wish to carry it over to MP 6 which I am about to move to MP 6. I don't see any current Multishort activity in this forum.
Thanks for any answers real quick on this one.

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
Hi gwatkins,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am going to take the plunge. I'll let you know how it worked out.

Again, Thanks

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
HI GWATKINS,

I changed to Version 1.6 and Multishort came up as incompatible. I assuming that it worked for you is because you took the upgrade method and I did a clean install. Correct me if I'm right. Also My Films came up as incompatible, if you use My Films let me know its compatibility status.

Thanks

gwatkins

Portal Pro
December 8, 2013
Richardson, Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I also did a clean install. Make sure you are running version 2.5 from the first post in this thread. I had to download it directly, unrar it and then install it, not through MPEI. I use MovingPictures instead of MyFilms so I can't help you there.

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
Hi gwatkins,

Again, thanks for your quick response. I'm glad you steerred me to version 2.5, I missed that one completely. Also My Films is currently being worked on and should be available soon, according to a post in My Films Plugin Forum. I'll wait for it before I move up to MP 1.6.
By the way how is 1.6 working. My main concern is the music scraper for My music and the radio channels and the other fixes in 1.6.

Would appreciate your overall feedback.

gwatkins

Portal Pro
December 8, 2013
Richardson, Texas
Home Country
I just started using MP so I can't really compare it to previous versions but so far for me it is working pretty well. The music scrapper seems to work fine. I have over 3000 music files and it found all of them with no problem. I have not tried adding any radio channels yet. Did it have problems in the older versions?

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
Hi Gwatkins,
Another question, You said you are using Moving Pictures in 1.6. What skin are you using, because I use Titan Basic Home and I hope that Multishort and Moving Pictures work with this skin. Also I set up Moving Pictures and it works in 1.5 but I like My Films much better so I will use Moving Pictures in 1.6 until My Films is updated.
Thanks.

gwatkins

Portal Pro
December 8, 2013
Richardson, Texas
Home Country
I am using the latest version of Titan Extended with no problems. I have not tried MyFilms. What do you like about it that is better than Moving Pictures?

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
Thanks for your quick response. Now the reasons that I like My Films are as follows:-

1. More accurate in importing medadata for each movie (95% versus 70%)
2. Big Icons Layout are all bright unlike the shadowing in Moving Pictures.
3. More information displayed in the overview and Play Now screens.
4. More choices in the context menu.
5. Easy Wizard setup.
You can checkout the comparisons in MediaPortal Wiki > MediaPortal 1 > Setup Guides > Videos > Movies.
Hope this helps, try it out when My Films is updated for 1.6. I am going to reinstall 1.6 again and will let you know how it worked ou.t

Again Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom