Question - low profile pci tuner card (1 Viewer)

DugieHowsa

Portal Member
February 26, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am looking for a low profile, pci tuner card that will work with Media Portal in North America. I cannot use a PCI Express card, as my PC only has 1 PCI-E slot, and it is currently being used by my video apapter.

One option I have seen is the Vista View Saber DA-1N1-I. Does anyone have any experience with this card? Can anyone suggest any other options?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    dont know about working in USA but the T500 is low profile (bracket not provided) and works great !!

DugieHowsa

Portal Member
    February 26, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I am looking for an ATSC tuner, and it appears the Hauppauge T500 is an NTSC tuner that will only work in Europe.

I realized earlier I probably should have included more information in my posting as to what my setup is and what I am looking to do.

I am using Media Portal on Windows XP Home (was using Vista Premium, but was running into too many issues with application compatibility). I am looking for just an ATSC tuner for Digital Over The Air (OTA) High Definition Television. After reading the reviews on Missing Remote, it looks like I have to choose between the Vista View Saber DA-1N1-I and the DVICO Fusion HDTV 7. I will do a bit more research and see if I can find any more information on the two products.

As for non-PCI options, the HDHomerun from Silicon Dust seems to be a popular USB alternative.

Unfortunately, I am not able to find recent reviews/tests on any of my options.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the above mentioned models?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom