Question on TV channels numbering (1 Viewer)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi,

I have noticed that when I try to select a TV channel by typing the number on the remote (or keyboard), the reference that is used to find the channel is not the "Channel number" defined in its properties, but is its "position" has it appears in the TV channels list.

For example, consider the following as the "All Channels" list that I have configured on the TV-Server:

Rai 1 HD (channel number 501)
Rai 2 (channel number 2)
Rai 3 (channel number 3)
Rete4 HD (channel number 504)
Canale5 HD (channel number 505)
Italia1 HD (channel number 506)

If I type "505" (that is the channnel number that appears in its properties) to select Canale5 HD, nothing happens...In order to watch it I have to type "5" (that is just its position in the channel list).

Any idea on how to use the "real" channel number in order to watch it? Thanks in advance!

Update:

I have just noticed that in a very old thread, it was reported that in order to align the channels numbering, "dummy channels" should be added to fill the gaps. Whane the case of more than 100 channel may happen, I think that this approach is time consuming and not efficent. Is there any other alternative way to solve the issue that you may know?

Last edited:

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Wow! You know what? I was looking for such kind of setting in the TV Server configuration and not in the MediaPortal one!!! Thanks a lot for your help!!! In fact it was quite strange to me that there was not such possibility in this fantastic front-end!!!! (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom