Question to Antec Fusion v2 with VFD (silver) owners (1 Viewer)

embrion

Portal Member
January 20, 2008
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hello,

What is current status with buggy VFD in Antec Fusion V2/430 (Silver) ?
I gonna cover the original, build in IR as I gonna use USB one for other remote or the one shipped with MCE 2005 remote. Will that save me from scrambling/ freezed VFD or ogue IR signals were not the only source of scrambling problems?
Vol knob still doesn't work?

darkie

Portal Member
March 13, 2008
I've just installed my fusion htpc and it all works without many effort :)
But then again I've read a lot of topics on this forum in front to be prepared ... basicly the only thing you'll need is the latest iMon software and not the Antec software. The only thing not working at this moment is the volume knob but I haven't looked into it yet since I don't really need it to work :)

embrion

Portal Member
January 20, 2008
Home Country
Poland Poland
You got V2 with VFD? :)
Nice to know that it works, I'm wondering how long it will without any problems ;)

darkie

Portal Member
March 13, 2008
Yeah, it's a V2. Still no problems :)
Only thingy I have is when I shutdown the HTPC with my remote which will force MP to close and it seems MP doesn't get enough time to inform the VFD to stop showing text. So my HTPC is shutdown ... but the VFD keeps showing the last text it received :)

And it will only disappear when I disable my PSU (or unplug the electricity cable)

A solution would be to shutdown the HTPC through MP itself, now it the system will intercept the shutdown signal from the remote. But I can't find any keyboard combination in MP to do this?

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
MP doesn't get enough time to inform the VFD to stop showing text. So my HTPC is shutdown ... but the VFD keeps showing the last text it received :)

What plugin are you using to control the VFD???

I don't have this problem with the Fusion 430 VFD or the Fusion 430 Black LCD...

embrion

Portal Member
January 20, 2008
Home Country
Poland Poland
darkie: nice to hear a happy v2 owner :)

cybrmage: as a longer term v2/430 user, all problems with VFD in silver one are gone now and I can safetly buy it ?

darkie

Portal Member
March 13, 2008
MP doesn't get enough time to inform the VFD to stop showing text. So my HTPC is shutdown ... but the VFD keeps showing the last text it received :)

What plugin are you using to control the VFD???

I don't have this problem with the Fusion 430 VFD or the Fusion 430 Black LCD...

I'm using the lates iMon software and the default lcd drivers provided by MP. But' I've fixed the problem, created a program that runs on the background until it recieves a kill commando and then it'll close down MP and after that it shutdowns the PC, so the VFD is off :)

And for the record, also the volume knob on the front is working. So yes, I'm one of those few happy antec fusion users :)
Even my Philips sru-9600 is working with it :)

btw, I just found out that even lcd smartie is working with it \o/

gdevries

Portal Member
April 6, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Can anybody confirm that downloading the latest software (setup) from antec site is enough to make the lcd work with the MCE remote control?
Thnx in advance.

George

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Not sure if it is a VFD screen on the Fusion v2 Black, but anyhow.

The latest iMON package works perfectly with the MCE Remote control. Currently trying to get it to work with my MCE Remote Keyboard, if not, I'll just use the old Reciever/Tranciever.

cybrmage

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @cybrmage: as a longer term v2/430 user, all problems with VFD in silver one are gone now and I can safetly buy it ?

I don't think it's ever going to be "safe" to buy ANY case that included an OEM product manufactured by SoundGraph.
    The only comment that I can make is that the hardware that I have operates well, and is usable.

Not sure if it is a VFD screen on the Fusion v2 Black, but anyhow.

The latest iMON package works perfectly with the MCE Remote control. Currently trying to get it to work with my MCE Remote Keyboard, if not, I'll just use the old Reciever/Tranciever.

The Fusion V2/430 Black has an iMon LCD display.... The IR hardware does work with the Microsoft MCE keyboard....

The iMon Remote hardware will soon be supported by the IR Server Suite, and includes support for the legacy hardware (in the Antec cases) and the new HID hardware, the MCE remote, the MCE Keyboard and the iMon PAD remote.

And, to answer a question you asked in another thread, the MediaPortal plugin that supports the iMon display hardware is the CybrDisplay Plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom