Questions about the collection tag (1 Viewer)

Hogan77

Portal Member
October 13, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I got the movie [Rec] (2007) in my collection and it has the title: [Rec] I [Rec] is that correct according to the xml rename file?
Code:
<rename id="tt1038988" title="[Rec] I" collection="Quarantine &amp; [Rec]" />
In the xml rename file I see collection names like » Oscars for Best Picture, is that something I can use or is it for future use?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Hogan77, if you download the MovPic v1.5.2 version from IMDb+ download section, then you can use it already (does require you to refresh entire collection as its a new field that is populated during import normally). Next weekend a new official release will come out, but you do not have to wait to get it. There is no support on it, hence all the warnings, but I've installed it on a dozen+ systems now without any problems, infact it fixes so many bugs that in some cases you 'need' it.

Keep in mind that to make collections work (compatible to any existing skins), you have to add a new dynamic category first. The same way 'Genres' works.

Also this version does not just add collections, but also release_date and plot_keywords. The results of this can either be used to display as-is inside skin, or use as powerful filter options.

I've reworked the Titan skin for others (still not had the time to fix my own new HTPC, so I'm still on MediaPortal v1.2.1 myself), and the results look like:

5.MovingPictures.Technical.Details.Reworked.png

Hogan77

Portal Member
    October 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    21-43-30.png
    I replaced the dll files and I did a re-import of the movies, but it doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: I think I got it, it doesn't work for me because I don't have a re-worked skin, like you have.

But the collections work, which is a cool feature. (y)

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, skin attributes changed, so you need an updated skin. StreamedMP would be one of the few stable skins that has support, but as you could see from my screenshot, it is easy to modify a skin to make it work.

You can actually download the skin changes I did at: http://blixy.net/mp/Titan / (the 7-zip file)

Do *NOT* use all the files in it though, I couldn't figure out themes, so I kinda modified Titan base-skin, and Titan-Extended files and for all I know a new skin fix (Titan Extended updates skin) breaks things with my changes in place.

Inside the 'movingpictures.details.xml' file you can look for the line "<!-- Technical Details -->" which is at line #411. All the way till Line #657 is what defines the view of that "Technical Details" screen.

That "#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.date_added" string is failing for you currently, because now for the 'new' version it needs to be: "#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.date_added.localized.long" (or not .long I guess because there is less room for the full date format with a month such as September)

Backup the entire 'skin\titan' folder otherwise and replace just the movingpictures.* files (and copy/add the images from the 'Media' folder). If memory serves me that should be all you need then. If you do not like the result you can always go back. Next weekend however a new official MovPic release will hit, which will then have updated skin files to support all the new features. Titan Extended will then quickly integrate these as well and the world will be a better place again :)

Or if you are impatient, you can dig around in the skin files yourself with notepad and eventually figure out how to make it work (that is how I did it as well)

Hogan77

Portal Member
    October 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just did what you said and now it's working and looks great. Thanks for the detailed explanation. :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Just did what you said and now it's working and looks great. Thanks for the detailed explanation. :)

Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him how to fish and he'll be smelly for a lifetime... or something like that :)

I just noticed I never directly addressed your "[Rec] I [Rec]" question, is that now solved as well?

Hogan77

Portal Member
    October 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I forgot about the [Rec] I [Rec], I just re-imported it and it didn't change anything. And the collection name seems strange.
    20-53-29.png

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ugh, XML needs &amp; to represent '&', but that is supposed to be converted auto by MovPic upon processing.

Will have to look into that.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Hogan77 Fixed in v4.9.25

PS: Is it showing up as "[Rec] I ([Rec])" because it is a foreign movie, so if you have "show foreign title" option enabled, it will duplicate it. In this case foreign title matches the English one, so then you get weird situation. I might be able to add an extra check in then if that is the case, so please confirm it first before I waste time chasing the wrong lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom