Questions regarding tv server (1 Viewer)

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
I figured I would post this here because I have a few questions that may be simple.

I have finally gotten around to setting up my tv channels. I have the guide working and the logos for each station. Things are going pretty well but I have a few things bothering me. My first question is about switching back to the previous channel I was watching. Is there a button for this? I believe that in windows media center if you hit enter it would go to your previous channel, in mp it goes to the mini guide.

My second question is about the station numbers. When I hit the numbers 22 on my remote, the channel is switches to is not 22 but rather the literal 22nd channel in the list. Is there a way to make it so that it will go to channel 22 (or any other station number that my guide has provided)?

Is there a way to change the background for the menu? I personally find it a bit busy which makes reading the guide a little harder.

Also, I have the tv wonder 650. Does there exist a guide that will help improve picture quality? Whenever I see my room mate's television with his cable box, everything looks much better. I realize that the analog tuner I have won't look the same, but just wondering if anyone has found a way to make it look comparable.

Last question. I have my guide setup when I installed mediaportal to display 12 rows rather than 8. Is there a way to go back to 8?

Thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My second question is about the station numbers. When I hit the numbers 22 on my remote, the channel is switches to is not 22 but rather the literal 22nd channel in the list. Is there a way to make it so that it will go to channel 22 (or any other station number that my guide has provided)?

MP config\television, enable the "select channels by index"

Is there a way to change the background for the menu? I personally find it a bit busy which makes reading the guide a little harder.

Which skin, menu screen normally has high contrast against background, or are you talking about a overlay.

Last question. I have my guide setup when I installed mediaportal to display 12 rows rather than 8. Is there a way to go back to 8

Re-install the skin, that normally does this, you may need to delete the cached folder skin files though, these can be found at below addresses.

XP = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Appdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cached

Vista = C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cached

Other questions will leave to people with more expertise.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Paranoid Delusion thanks for the reply,

I checked in mediaportal config and that box "select channel by index" was already enabled. I un-enabled it and things were more out of wack.

As for the skin I am using streamedMP and I am talking about the background to the tv guide/main tv selection area (where you can choose what you want to do with tv such as view recordings). Is it as simple as changing the file called "hover_my tv" to whatever background I want?

Thanks

MartNZ

Portal Member
    January 3, 2009
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,
    what worked for me was to organize the channels in the order I wanted to match the numbers on the remote. In TV Server Configuration, go to TV Groups, Mapping and choose the group name "All Channels". Use the "Up" and "Down" buttons to put the channels in the order you want to match your remote. The one at the top of the list will number 1 on the remote, second on the list will be 2 on the the remote and so on. Leave 'select channels by index' ticked.
    Cheers

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    MartNZ thanks for your reply,

At first I was trying to have the numbers correspond to how my tv listing guide has them. It's really no big deal if I can't do this and do it the way you have it set up. My only problem now is that on the mini guide, it will show the channel number from what my service provider has. Is there a way to get rid of that?

Edit: I unselected the show channel number option in mediaportal config which got rid of the numbers in the mini guide, but without any numbers it be difficult to remember what station is what number. Is there a way to list just one to the end of all my channels?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom