quick link for the 'last 50 posts' (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

I want to suggest a feature for the forum: a link for the 'recent 50 posts' at the right upper place where I also have 'view posts since last visit' and ' view your posts' and so on.

Why?

I want to see what currently is in discussion among the users and what is 'hot'.

I see that when I go to the forum the first time a day. But when I go back let's say an hour later I see only the new ones from the last hour.

So having always access to the latest 50 changes (or 20 or 100 ... I don't care for the exact number) would be very helpful.

thanks+regards
WeWe

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Country flag
    Hi,

There's already such link available on the homepage: From the homepage, goto "Contribute" and look under "Help with support". It has a link called "Recent posts".

Is this what you meant?

Kind regards,
    Michel

EDIT: fixed link

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    scoop said:
    Hi,

There's already such link available on the homepage: From the homepage, goto "Contribute" and look under "Help with support". It has a link called "Recent posts".

Is this what you meant?

Kind regards,
    Michel

EDIT: fixed link

That seems just to be the same function like "View posts since last visit".

What I would like to see are the latest post were made even if I've read them already.

Regards
    Ralph

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ high,

do you think we can get one of this feature here?
    In some forums you can:
    - show the latest 50, 100, 200 posts
    - show the latest posts of the last 1,2,3 or 5 days
    - just enter a * for search criteria and all post where shown sorted by date.

Would be helpful browsing the froums.
    When I start reading the latest post I haven't read and have to take break, the next time I want to continue to read the post, MP thinks I have read them already. :evil:

A "show the latest post option" would help.

Regards
    Ralph

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well Ralph ... you are right. 'Recent' and 'view post since last visit' are the same functions. It just was a fortunate coincidence that I have seen different results ...

So am back with asking for a function: "last 50 posts" ...

thanks+regards
    WeWe

luke

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So you want this added even though you can't see the forum feature request thread i started last week? The topic has already been brought up and when i get time it will be added. Consider this topic a dupe and closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread