Radio EPG through DVB-T (I'm in England) (1 Viewer)

eatmuchpie

Portal Member
August 4, 2005
Hello there. I love using Media Portal, far more functional than the ComproDTV (TV viewing) software that came with my Videomate T-200. However, there is just one piece of functionality that ComproDTV has that Media Portal doesn't, and that is EPG through the radio. In ComproDTV, the EPG is available through all radio channels (through DVB-T), and I was wondering if it would be possible for support of grabbing EPG frmo the internet or through the DVB-T tuner.

Thanks for the great software!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you from Wigan? :lol:

Anyway, the idea has been discussed - unlikely for the next release but you never know...

DMAN

Dazzyb2K3

Portal Member
    June 27, 2005
    London, UK
    If you use DGUK (formally DGBLEB) to grab your epg data then it can download listings for all the BBC Radio Stations which you can then manually add to the channel lineup in the EPG. It doesn't have the others but I hardly listen to them anyway.

DGUK can also automatically call on the excellent Radio Times Grabbler and splice the listings together.

The way I have it working is like this:

Windows sheduled task to call DGUK
    DGUK is set to download radio listings and call XMLTV Grabber
    XMLTV grabber downloads TV data
    DGUK automatically splices XMLTV data with it's own

Result is one XML file containing complete TV and the most important radio listings.

Am sure over the air data will be implimented at some point but this is a reasonable workaround for now.

Am now just waiting for 0.2 with Radio recording and Timeshifting!

Here are the links:

http://www.de-bugger.com/Misc/DGUK.htm
    http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    We can get the Radio EPG data for DVB thats not the issue the problem is we don't have a programmer for the MyRadio plugin atm - see the web page.

Note: Recordign and timeshifting will also only be for DVB...

DMAN

eatmuchpie

Portal Member
    August 4, 2005
    Thanks for the replies guys, and the DGUK sounds good. I'll try that out in a sec.

Also, that timeshifting and recording in MyRadio is also a great idea, and I was actually just about to make another post about that! Can't wait for that release :)

And no I'm not from Wigan. Hell, I don't even know where that is!

M

MarcL

eatmuchpie said:

Wigan is the land of pie and peas! ;)
    In the North-West of England.
    Near to sunny Manchester where I live (...although I work in Liverpool dman)

Back on topic - I'd like to have a look at some of the radio and music development but I'm having problems getting the source. Is there some problem with sourceforge at the moment?

Cheers,
    Marc

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MarcL said:
    eatmuchpie said:

Wigan is the land of pie and peas! ;)
    In the North-West of England.
    Near to sunny Manchester where I live (...although I work in Liverpool dman)

Back on topic - I'd like to have a look at some of the radio and music development but I'm having problems getting the source. Is there some problem with sourceforge at the moment?

Cheers,
    Marc

Nope - I just grabbed the source from CVS aok.

DMAN

M

MarcL

OK cheers Dman.
    I'll check it out tonight then.

I read elsewhere on the forum that people had problems so perhaps there was something bogus happening on Tuesday night.

Cheers,
    Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom