Radio EPG (1 Viewer)

TomPP

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Mediaportal 1.7.0 HotFix for me is close to perfection and the team are to be congratulated. I do have one problem.
I run dual satellite tuner cards for TV/Radio services and get the TV EPG using XMLTV. This gives a wonderful Sky-like EPG display and only requires an update of the database from time to time. It is a different matter for radio channels viewed with the RADIO button in the MP front screen. The Radio channels have been specified the TV Server with associated channels in the Radio EPG ticked. However, I have never been able to get a radio EPG to display with any version of MP. "No data available" is the constant message.

The Radio Times database with XMLTV does not seem to include radio channels so configuring the system as for TV channels is not possible. I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction for getting this sorted out.

Many thanks.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi Tom, you are quite right that Radio Times, despite what the name suggests, does not carry EPG data for Radio channels. I also find it lacking some of the fringe channels for TV as well.

There are lots of different options to get the Radio EPG data though (as well as any missing TV channels).

You can use WEBEPG to try and get the data, although this is a bit hit and miss because the UK grabbers have not been updated for a while.
    I subscribe to Digiguide and use XMLTVGUI to grab that data at the same time as the RadioTimes data.
    When my subscription runs out I might try grabbing the missing data via my aerial (or you could try your satellite) this has had problems before, but I think these have now been fixed.
    There are also a number of other grabbers available via WebGrab+ which might do the trick https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/webgrab-plus-a-new-xmltv-grabber.88425/

lisa

TomPP

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks Lisa. I have installed Windows Digiguide on my PC on a 7-day trail basis with username and password. I did notice the Digiguide grabber on XMLTVGUI. Could you explain what parameters need to be set to define the Digiguide channels and get the grabber to function?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    It was a while ago that I set this up, and I've not touched it since, so I am working from memory, you have to set up the Digiduide Windows application for the list of channels that you need, then I think there is very little to set up on the XMLTVGUI grabber, just a couple of ticks. You will, of course, have to do the grab once, then map the channels in the MediaPortal TV server. After that it should auto run, I auto grab my listings at midday every day.

Here are some guides, that I think I used. If you get stuck let me know, and I can check my settings for you...

http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/wiki/index.php/UK_Digi

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?35756-UK-Listings-XMLTV-Access-to-DIGIGUIDE

TomPP

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks again. I shall check out your references and have another look at the XMLTVGUI settings.

TomPP

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Got all the TV channels working with XMLTV and Digiguide but the radio channels do not show up on the mapping in despite the radio box being ticked. The TVguide.xml files does contain that radio EPG. Any suggestions? Thanks.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    That's odd, it should work.

When you are in the MediaPortal TV Server configuration, - Xmltv - you have to first import the xmltv data under the general tab, and wait a while for it to finish. Then under Mappings, make sure you have load radio channels ticked (I think that's what you meant above) and make sure you have the correct group selected that contains the radio channels in the drop down box (or just select all channels) then click load/refresh and they should all appear and be available for mapping. Make sure you click save once you have mapped.

Sometimes you have to start / stop the TV server (or reboot) to initiate changes, I am not sure if that is necessary in this case, but worth a try!

TomPP

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    I have been using All Channels in the mapping. Oddly when I left this box blank the Radio channels magically appeared. Everything now seems to be working perfectly and both TV and Radio EPG look good. Thanks for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom