Radio - Get "now playing" info? (1 Viewer)

Penbrock2

Portal Member
December 18, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have TV working great and WebEPG getting my channel info. I started working on getting the radio to work.
MP saw my Hauppauge WinTV 7801 (Detected in Window$ as an 1800), I was able to scan and add all of my local channels just fine. It plays the radio just fine, but what I would LOVE is to be able to get the song info being played. I see MP has a section to display this information.

1) Does my card not support getting the now playing information? If so what card should I get?

2) Did I screw up a setting somewhere?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again :)

MP saw my Hauppauge WinTV 7801 (Detected in Window$ as an 1800),
    MP doesn't choose the label. It simply uses the label supplied by the tuner's driver. In this case it looks like 7801 is part of the product code (as shown here):
    http://hauppauge.com/site/support/support.html

It plays the radio just fine, but what I would LOVE is to be able to get the song info being played. I see MP has a section to display this information.

1) Does my card not support getting the now playing information? If so what card should I get?

2) Did I screw up a setting somewhere?
    Some broadcasts do include song information using a system called RDS. However Microsoft's tuner support framework has no support for receiving/processing that information. Therefore TV Server has no way to get RDS information from any tuner/card.

So, if you want to see song info then you will have to acquire the information from somewhere in the same way that you have to acquire guide data for TV.

Penbrock2

Portal Member
    December 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the fast reply. I have to say support for MP here is #1 :D

Shame Windows does not (and I assume will not) support this great feature

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom