RadioTime plugin 1.0.1.X for MP 1.4/1.5/1.6 (21-01-2014) (2 Viewers)

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I took responsibility over this great plugin which allows you to listen to radio stations.

Version compatibility:
    • MediaPortal 1.6
    • MediaPortal 1.5
    • MediaPortal 1.4
    • For previous version, I'm not sure, if it works, great, if no, see older versions here

I'll be closing 0.7.0.2 thread soon, so any discussion should be in this thread or in a new thread (we got a sub-forum here, thanks to @infinite.loop and @high)

Project page is here
    (Since this is a new project, Google is no longer offering 'Download' tab, so download files will be in the SVN)
    I'm attaching initial version, until I make sure MP installer is using the new update.xml url.

Skins support:
    DefaultWide & Wide are part of the installer.
    Any other skin will be maintained by the skin developer.
    List of skins (that I know of) with files for this plugin:

Change log:

1.0.1.62:
    • Fixed error on plugin init: "Plugin Manager: Plugin RadioTimePlugin.RadioTimePluginGUI is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: RadioTimePlugin.dll)"
    1.0.0.44:
    • Fixed installation issue on clean MediaPortal (with no previous RadioTime version installed)
    1.0.0.31:
    • Security fix
    • Some GUI changes in configuration:
      • removed donation button.
      • mask password
      • Changed logo
      • Links to TuneIn instead of RadioTime
    • Skin files:
      • DefaultWide & Default from @catavolt(y)
      • Removed Titan (will be maintained by Titan Team via Titan Extended)
    • Translations update:
      • German translation from @catavolt(y)
      • Turkish translation from @omerfarukozer(y)
    • Started re-branding plugin to 'TuneIn' since site changed ages ago. (Work in progress)

Attachments

• RadioTime-1.0.1.62.MPE1
      700.3 KB
    Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm attaching initial version, until I make sure MP installer is using the new update.xml url
    When I 'Refresh Update info' in MPEI new version does not display either as an update to RadioTime or a (new) Known Extension. I assume that is because you have a new location for update.xml - did you publish it yet? When you change the name or location of the update.xml you have to publish it again. If you did you probably just need to wait a bit for @high to approve it so it gets added to http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MPEI/extensions.txt. Since you are using the same MPEI ID and included previous versions of Radiotime, the new version should show up as an update if you already have Radiotime installed.

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I'm attaching initial version, until I make sure MP installer is using the new update.xml url
    When I 'Refresh Update info' in MPEI new version does not display either as an update to RadioTime or a (new) Known Extension. I assume that is because you have a new location for update.xml - did you publish it yet? When you change the name or location of the update.xml you have to publish it again. If you did you probably just need to wait a bit for @high to approve it so it gets added to http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MPEI/extensions.txt. Since you are using the same MPEI ID and included previous versions of Radiotime, the new version should show up as an update if you already have Radiotime installed.

Yes, I republished, but I've noticed I don't get the new version in the MPEI.
    That's the reason I've attached the installer ;)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    this install deletes the radiotime xml files in the titan skin, so when you select radiotime in MP it gives a black screen with a message saying missing or invald xml file in skin\titan\

When I check in there, they are infact now missing.

Re-installing v0.7 places them back in there and everything is ok with that version.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    should I have not installed this version?
    You should re-install Ttan Extended, then the files will be actualized.
    Reason behind that is that the creators of Titan want full control about plugin xmls to not spoil the overall look-and-feel of that skin, so plugin devs were advised to not include Titan skin files ;)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    should I have not installed this version?
    You should re-install Ttan Extended, then the files will be actualized.
    Reason behind that is that the creators of Titan want full control about plugin xmls to not spoil the overall look-and-feel of that skin, so plugin devs were advised to not include Titan skin files ;)

Understood, but surely the radiotime plugin shouldn't remove files? This means that every user has to install radiotime first, then re-install titan extended. That seems wrong to me. Each time a plugin is installed you shouldn't have to re-install titan extended?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Understood, but surely the radiotime plugin shouldn't remove files? This means that every user has to install radiotime first, then re-install titan extended. That seems wrong to me. Each time a plugin is installed you shouldn't have to re-install titan extended?
    Well, this is a mpe1 installer thingy ;)
    The versions before this actual version installed the Titan skin files - the installer "knows" that and will uninstall them.
    With the next release of this plugin it won´t happen anymore, because now the installer won´t install Titan skin files and therefore doesn´t "know" to uninstall them (hope this was somehow understandable?) :p

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    The change i've made is to remove Titan skin from installer. The reason is to let Titan team maintain it.
    If the installer is set to uninstall before installing new version, I guess it deletes previously installed files... this is probably what happened. I guess that the MPEI does not support checking if a file was installed by 2 extensions and in that case not deleting files.

The reason RadioTime Installer forces uninstall, is that I removed one of the DLLs and I wanted to avoid leftovers...
    If anyone knows a way to uninstall specific file during installation (without uninstalling) I will be happy to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom