Random play (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I would like to see a random play slideshow option (pictures), and a random play music option.

I also kind of think that the reverse slideshow is a bit of a waste of a menu option, and that some of the skins could actually write the whole word on the button (unless its a global tag name thing).

?

:?

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it's not reverse
    It's recursive.
    Meaning slideshow all pictures in this folder AND subfolders.
    Notmal Slideshow only slideshows the pics in the currentfolder, NOT it's subfolders.

And yes, it's global.
    We have 1 language file used by all skins.
    So we cannot change it.
    We can, but then we cannot switch languages for that skin.

A

Anonymous

Ah...

So "Random Recursive Slideshow" will not work as a button name either then...

:oops:

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Random slidshow would be nice.

This could be implemented with a on/off button. So when it is OFF the "Slideshow" and "R. Slideshow" would work as they do now. When the Random button is ON then the pictures will be shown in a random order.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    a selectbutton with the different tyypes of slideshowing would be better.

So the same button as the change view

A

Anonymous

Yes, any method that works well with all control options (remote, keyboard etc)....just as long as random can be one of the selections :)

I expect that would require skin changes though.....

X

xenon2000

goosey said:
    I would like to see a random play slideshow option (pictures), and a random play music option.

I also kind of think that the reverse slideshow is a bit of a waste of a menu option, and that some of the skins could actually write the whole word on the button (unless its a global tag name thing).

?

:?

I too would like to see a random slideshow option, as a random slideshow is about the only way I want to view a slideshow, otherwise it's as boring as scrolling through a digital camera's pictures at the camera level.

I just downloaded the source and when I get home, I want to see if I can find the image viewing section of code to see if I can make some changes. Though the changes will probably be done by someone else before me since they already know the code fairly well and I don't.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    goosey said:

What do you mean by random play music ? You can already randomise playlists (Random button in my music -> playlists) and you can already randomly play any song from your music collection (party shuffle button in my music -> playlists). You can leave this going while you view the slideshow...

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom