Ratings wrong (Math node problem when (comma) is used as decimal seperator -- FIXED) (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.3

It was just a thought. I can live without it.

There was no reference to the Finnish title at all on the details page in your log, so the only way I could make your request work would be to add a seperate system that checks for a full country match during the stage when all the AKA titles are added. And even then it is not a guarantee it will work, because all that data is community supplied and there are differences between movies.

I'll keep it in mind for when I'm really bored, but for now you will have to live without it :D

Thanks for the fast update, I can confirm that it now imports the movies without prefix.
    So again thanks! :)

:D for letting me know, as I had only tested it on a few sample titles.

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008

Adjust the 'global_options_single_score' setting to "true" and the v3.1.x method of scoring system will be back. I have a ton of movies with freaky scores. There are some movies (hard to locate them now on the spot) that have for example an IMDb score of 9.7, because only 10 people have voted, which most likely are people who worked on the movie.

Hmmm something is definitely still wrong. I'm using Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) as my test sample. Strange enough, now the only score I can get to pull in is a '0'. These are the settings I'm using in the scraper:
    Code:
    <set name="global_options_original_title" value="false" />	<!-- Original Title	| Always English Title	-->
    <set name="global_options_foreign_title" value="true" />	<!-- English (Original)	| Main title only	-->
    <set name="global_options_foreign_first" value="false" />	<!-- Original (English)	| English (Original)	-->
    <set name="global_options_uk_rating" value="false" />		<!-- UK certification	| US certification	-->
    <set name="global_options_imdb_score" value="false" />		<!-- Use IMDb.com	| RottenTomatoes.com	-->
    <set name="global_options_imdb_metascore" value="false" />	<!-- Metacritics score	| Use IMDb if enabled	-->
    <set name="global_options_long_summary" value="false" /> 	<!-- Long summary	| Short summary		-->
    <set name="global_options_rotten_meter" value="true" /> 	<!-- TomatoMeter	| Audience		-->
    <set name="global_options_rotten_average" value="false" />	<!-- Average value	| Percentage value	-->
    <set name="global_options_rotten_top_critics" value="false" />	<!-- Top critics meter	| All critics meter	-->
    <set name="global_options_special_edition" value="true" />	<!-- Modify title	| Keep title as-is	-->
    <set name="global_options_rename_titles" value="true" />	<!-- Rename titles	| Keep title as-is	-->
    <set name="global_options_single_score" value="true" />		<!-- Use only 1 score	| Average the scores	-->
    <set name="global_options_min_imdb_votes" value="false" />	<!-- Min. of 20 votes	| Force imdb score	-->
    <set name="global_options_refresh_all_fields" value="false" />	<!-- Update All	Fields	| Update A Few + Empty	-->

and this is what I'm seeing in the log (which i clearly don't understand lol):
    Code:
    04-Aug-2011 19:25:14 Error [         ScraperNode]: Error parsing numbers: <divide name="metascore_score" value1="${imdb_votes[0][2]:htmldecode}" value2="10" result_type="float" /> 
    04-Aug-2011 19:25:16 Error [         ScraperNode]: Error parsing numbers: <divide name="rotten_rating_float" value1="${rotten_rating[0][0]:htmldecode}" value2="10" result_type="float" /> 
    04-Aug-2011 19:25:17 Error [         ScraperNode]: Scraper Script XPATH parsing failed: Root element is missing.

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Firstly, thanks for very specific explanation, how IMDb works. If I remember right, 'official' IMDb scraper did import movies with both english and finnish titles at some point. I haven't used it for a while, so I don't know what's the situation now and I don't know if it helps at all. I'll use it as the way you do for now, I think it's the best solution for now to show english + (original).

There was no reference to the Finnish title at all on the details page in your log, so the only way I could make your request work would be to add a seperate system that checks for a full country match during the stage when all the AKA titles are added. And even then it is not a guarantee it will work, because all that data is community supplied and there are differences between movies.

I'll keep it in mind for when I'm really bored, but for now you will have to live without it :D

That's weird if it doesn't show any information, since 'Yhdestoista Hetki' is listed as 'Alternate title' of that movie in 'Moving Pictures'.
    But like I said, I certainly can live without it. I understand english pretty well, so that's not the problem. It would just be nice to see finnish name also, because I don't know most of the films by it's finnish name anymore. I have time to wait, if it becomes easier at some point to achieve or hope that you are really bored often. :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Code:
    04-Aug-2011 19:25:14 Error [         ScraperNode]: Error parsing numbers: <divide name="metascore_score" value1="${imdb_votes[0][2]:htmldecode}" value2="10" result_type="float" /> 
    04-Aug-2011 19:25:16 Error [         ScraperNode]: Error parsing numbers: <divide name="rotten_rating_float" value1="${rotten_rating[0][0]:htmldecode}" value2="10" result_type="float" /> 
    04-Aug-2011 19:25:17 Error [         ScraperNode]: Scraper Script XPATH parsing failed: Root element is missing.

By themselves they aren't very informative to me either. I would need you to run in scraper-debug mode, so that I can see exactly what is going on. As it stands I can not duplicate your problem, because the scraper script runs fine on my computer and I do not get those errors. So open the dialog where you normally manually add a new scraper version and use the option to enable scraper debug mode in there. A little green bug icon will appear to confirm it is enabled. The log file will become very large, so limit it to re-importing just one movie, and then you can disable scraper-debug mode again for your normal usage.

PS: With the new v3.2.x scraper series you no longer have to edit the scraper script to adjust the settings each time a new version comes out. You can now use the config file in "C:\" to store and adjust them. This way they are kept even if a new version is released and you can adjust settings on the fly.

Firstly, thanks for very specific explanation, how IMDb works. If I remember right, 'official' IMDb scraper did import movies with both english and finnish titles at some point.

Yes, if a Finnish title is available and imdb.com website detects you are from Finland it normally shows you the Finnish title. But the log file showed me it doesn't do that for you on the "11th Hour" movie :mad:, which prevents me from adding an easy way to make it work for you the way you wanted. It is still possible, just means a lot more work for which I don't have the time for right now :(

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008

Code:

By themselves they aren't very informative to me either. I would need you to run in scraper-debug mode, so that I can see exactly what is going on. As it stands I can not duplicate your problem, because the scraper script runs fine on my computer and I do not get those errors. So open the dialog where you normally manually add a new scraper version and use the option to enable scraper debug mode in there. A little green bug icon will appear to confirm it is enabled. The log file will become very large, so limit it to re-importing just one movie, and then you can disable scraper-debug mode again for your normal usage.

PS: With the new v3.2.x scraper series you no longer have to edit the scraper script to adjust the settings each time a new version comes out. You can now use the config file in "C:\" to store and adjust them. This way they are kept even if a new version is released and you can adjust settings on the fly.

Ugh well that isn't good.... debugging was active lol. I'll have to mess around with it on my own I guess. I might do a system overhaul too.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Ugh well that isn't good.... debugging was active lol. I'll have to mess around with it on my own I guess. I might do a system overhaul too.

I did find out via the help of somebody that the IMDb+ scraper generates error entries when scores are missing, that relate to the changes I made for the new averate score system (even if you configure a single_score).

I've fixed this in v3.2.4, but because the error doesn't negativly impact the function of the scraper, I'll hold off on releasing it for the time being. I'm working on something big right now relating to this scraper and I might need to make adjustments to the scrape script, so would be easier to release it all at once then.

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I did find out via the help of somebody that the IMDb+ scraper generates error entries when scores are missing, that relate to the changes I made for the new averate score system (even if you configure a single_score).

I've fixed this in v3.2.4, but because the error doesn't negativly impact the function of the scraper, I'll hold off on releasing it for the time being. I'm working on something big right now relating to this scraper and I might need to make adjustments to the scrape script, so would be easier to release it all at once then.

Sounds good. And like I said, it would be much more important to get those rating averages to work, than my language request (which isn't that important at all). For me that single_score option has worked just fine and I'm not having any problems at the moment. So, we'll keep waiting for that big surprise of yours!

swe_rush

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

hello
    i'm having some trouble with the score... for ex movie 127 hours gets 7,9 on imdb (127 Hours (2010) - IMDb) but in moving pictures it gets 4.0

this is what my xml have

<set name="global_options_imdb_score" value="true" />
    <set name="global_options_single_score" value="true" />

what am i doing wrong ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

hello
    i'm having some trouble with the score... for ex movie 127 hours gets 7,9 on imdb (127 Hours (2010) - IMDb) but in moving pictures it gets 4.0

this is what my xml have

<set name="global_options_imdb_score" value="true" />
    <set name="global_options_single_score" value="true" />

what am i doing wrong ?

Not sure, I just imported the exact same movie with the same settings and I get:

26-Aug-2011 12:37:12 Debug [ ScraperNode]: Assigned variable: movie.score = 7.9
    26-Aug-2011 12:37:12 Debug [ ScraperNode]: Assigned variable: movie.popularity = 85253​

So perhaps imdb.com shows different results in Sweden. Please do the following.

Open MovingPictures configuration, go to the "Importer Settings" tab, then click on "Movie Details Data Sources" button, and use the drop down menu on the 'gear icon' to enable scraper debug mode. Then click OK to close the "Data Sources" dialog and go to the "Movie Manager" tab and locate the movie "127 Hours".

Now at the same time, open Windows Explorer and delete the following file:

WinXP = "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\movingpictures.log"
    Vista/Win7 = "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\movingpictures.log"

Wait a bit and see if it comes back. If it does, then keep deleting it until it stays gone (makes the log file much easier to read for me).

After it stays gone, then go back to the MovingPictures config dialog and sent the movie back to the importer via the gear icon. You can switch to the "Movie Importer" tab to watch the progress of the import, and once you get the green checkmark, verify if the movie still has the wrong score.

If it does, then please attach the movingpictures.log file to this thread, so I can see what imdb.com is doing different in Sweden.

Merlyn

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.3

Was the , seperator fixed yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom