RAW Viewer Plugin for MediaPortal 1.2.0 (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    IrfanView fully integrated in MP, that would be genial, if possible...
    BTW I'm still using some Fuji DSLR (from S1 to actual S5) since more than 10 years now as they are still the best DSLR for Beauty, Glamour and Portrait and they seamlessly fit into my Nikon system. Those raf files are not recognised by actual RAW Viewer plugin but by irfanview.

narsor

Portal Member
    August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Irfanview is on the market for a long time, it is a good idea to have a look at it, I'll put it into my todo list, it may be faster than dcraw also, I need to have a look at it and check how it is performing. Thanks for the idea.

narsor

Portal Member
    August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi.
    IrfanView fully integrated in MP, that would be genial, if possible...
    BTW I'm still using some Fuji DSLR (from S1 to actual S5) since more than 10 years now as they are still the best DSLR for Beauty, Glamour and Portrait and they seamlessly fit into my Nikon system. Those raf files are not recognised by actual RAW Viewer plugin but by irfanview.

I haven't run into raf files before, it may be possible that from the RAW plugin settings page, if you add raf extensions to recognized picture types tab, raw viewer will at least try to process them (if dcraw does the conversion), it may be worth a try. If it doesn't work, I'll be glad to have a look at it if you can send me a raf file so that I can check it on my computer without hunting for similar files on internet.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I know, the Fuji DSLR are not that well known as they are designed to fulfil special needs. They are slow and did not have soo much resolution but the colour reproduction is marvellous. On some Tests we made against Nikon, Canon, Sony and Pentax the Fujis delivered nearly as twice as much unique colours than the rest (Same motive and light ofc)
    Older Fujis are handicapped by cheap Nikon Bodies as basis for expensive DSLR. That's no good choice. But last one, the S5 is based on Nikon D200 which was (and still is) really a great body.

Here is a sample .raf shot with my Fuji S5. I had to zip it as .raf is not allowed as attachment.

I can test the config changes tonite as I'm not at my HTPC atm...

Attachments

• DSCF0047.ZIP
      18.6 MB

narsor

Portal Member
    August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am delayed becouse I have run into the problem of version check feature of Mediaportal. I have to figure out what's wrong first to progress further...

narsor

Portal Member
    August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, sorted out the problem, I have added date grouping for the files, will update the plugin soon.

Next planned update is enabling giving rating to files and grouping the files according to ratings

narsor

Portal Member
    August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    0.2.0.2 version is out, dategrouping of library is possible now, so you can browse your library by not only folder hierarchy, but year/month hierarchy also

narsor

Portal Member
    August 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    raf file support.jpg
    Hi.
    I know, the Fuji DSLR are not that well known as they are designed to fulfil special needs. They are slow and did not have soo much resolution but the colour reproduction is marvellous. On some Tests we made against Nikon, Canon, Sony and Pentax the Fujis delivered nearly as twice as much unique colours than the rest (Same motive and light ofc)
    Older Fujis are handicapped by cheap Nikon Bodies as basis for expensive DSLR. That's no good choice. But last one, the S5 is based on Nikon D200 which was (and still is) really a great body.

Here is a sample .raf shot with my Fuji S5. I had to zip it as .raf is not allowed as attachment.

I can test the config changes tonite as I'm not at my HTPC atm...

Hi Lehmden,
    I have tested the RAF file, and good news, it just works. You need to configure the plugin though, as it is only scanning crw and cr2 extensions as raw images. Bring up the configuration dialog of the plugin, navigate to "Picture Types" folder, Look into the "Raw Image Types" section, Add ".raf" to "Photo Path" there and press the "+" button. you should see "raf" added on the bottom part. Now press OK and you should see your pictures in mediaportal.

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

a RAW viewer is really an important feature for MP.

On my system the conversion works but not the slideshow. I can see it in the left menu but I can not reach it. I can only reach the first three items from the menu but not slideshow.

Is it possible to rotate the pictures.

Attachments

• RAW.png
      RAW.png
      102.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom